[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody have any recommendations for anime that are really heavy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
Anybody have any recommendations for anime that are really heavy on ocean/beach/water stuff? And not just shows with a beach episode or two, shows like ARIA, Black Lagoon, Haifuri, or Ika Musume where nearly the entire show takes place somewhere near the ocean.
>>
>>131708

There's Amanchu coming up next season, with the premise of deep water diving, I believe. I'm looking forward to it. Same author as Aria.

There's also Nagi no Asukara, Blue Submarine No. 6, and Ponyo. I haven't watched the first two, but the other two seem to focus on fish girls, so they're probably close to what you're looking for.

I haven't watched this, but there's also Free! which is all about swimming and animated by Kyoto Animation and, from what I've heard, was specifically made for its animators to learn a lot about water physics and how to animate water/swimming, just in case you want some tasty animation.

A Letter to Momo might fit your request as well, but I don't if it's what you want exactly.

Also, despite its long length, there's always One Piece. Though, the inner parts of the arcs don't really focus on the water much at all, the journeys between islands will definitely get you going.

Taifuu no Noruda, maybe?

Definitely Tsumiki no Ie/La Maison en Petits Cubes.

Porco Rosso is sort of equally 1/3 land, 1/3 air, 1/3 sea, but I feel like you might still enjoy it.

Also, this thread made me realize there are no anime about surfing. Eureka Seven, Space Dandy, and 5 Centimeters Per Second all have scenes where characters do it, but not entire anime dedicated to them. Strange.
>>
>>131722
Thanks for the recommendations, Anon. I'll keep these in mind for the future.
>>
Triton of the Sea
Gargantia
Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Real Drive
Tsuritama
Kancolle
>>
>>131708
When Marnie was There was a really beautiful movie by Studio Ghibli, and it takes place in a sleepy ocean village in Northern Japan.
>>
kantai collection (kancolle)
>>
>>131792

This anon brought up some good ones.

The only thing I can add is a show I watched about a swim club "Kenkou Zenrakei Suieibu Umishou"
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.