[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am dying...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Dell Laptop.jpg (265 KB, 968x565) Image search: [Google]
Dell Laptop.jpg
265 KB, 968x565
So I recently acquired a dell inspiron 15 3531. from a friend. He said if I can get it running, I can keep it. He told me it was the hard drive that stopped it from working. I replaced the hard drive and now I keep getting the blue screen of death. Not only that, when I put the original hard drive back inside, it is now saying "No bootable device found" What am I to do?? Please help...
>>
File: Problem 1.jpg (33 KB, 700x539) Image search: [Google]
Problem 1.jpg
33 KB, 700x539
Here's the blue screen of death that I found similar to mine online.
>>
Not only that, I got a USB to help boot it up, but when I try to factory reset it, it would tell me the hard disk (or drive) is locked and for me to unlock it. I have no idea what it is. If I can get into his laptop, I will post whatever he has on there that you would want. He did tell me he had a girlfriend when this laptop crashed.Plus told me not to judge him on whatever I find on there. Please help!!!
>>
Have you tried jumping the BIOS?

http://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/19/52016/EN
>>
>>131618
There was never a password put on BIOS. Unless it came with one.
>>
>>131618
Plus, should I put in the original HDD when doing this? Or keep the replacement one inside? Sorry, I am very new to all this
>>
>>131619
I know, it's just to reset the BIOS, but give this out a try then.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19430879/20224011#20224011
>>
>>131623
Another problem I have. I don't have any Window's CD's. Or anything that is supposed to install windows again for the comp.
>>
>>131625
Make a bootable USB
>>
>>131614
>>131616
A5(11,xx,xx,xx) is "failure to pivot to ACPI mode". The person that took that picture should update his BIOS, and if that doesn't solve the problem, should press f7 whilst installing Windows and select a non-ACPI HAL.

Now, howsabout you take a picture of /your/ bluescreen, and someone might be able to tell you what's wrong with /your/ computer.

Not me, though. I'll leave you to the other helpy individuals in this thread. You've earned them. Make sure you do whatever they recommend, no matter how pointless it sounds.
>>
>>131647
It is similar to this one. Nothing different.
>>
>>131666
>>131647
Bull-fucking-shit.

Your machine ships with Windows 8, and you posted a Windows XP blue screen.
>>
>>131676
I know, which is why I'm so freaking confused.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.