[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to come up with a reasonable laptop for my mom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: sad.jpg (28 KB, 579x262) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
28 KB, 579x262
I'm trying to come up with a reasonable laptop for my mom to use. Shes disabled and cannot walk very far, mostly bound to a wheelchair. Because she can't do much else, she plays her cute little casual games on her phone and fritters away her days. Lately shes been having trouble navigating sites to pay her bills and stuff because they all make shit mobile site versions. I usually help her navigate them but I have to leave for a semester of college after Christmas. Does anyone have any ideas for a reliable, decently priced laptop she could use?
>>
>>13093
have you checked the /g/ wiki yet?
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Laptop_Buying_Guide
I'd recommend a used/refurbished business laptop
>>
lenovo

their keyboards are head and sholders above everyone elses shitty chiclet shit. get her a nice low-end business laptop. they're durable, ergonomic, nice non-glare display...
>>
>>13093
If a Thinkpad x220 is good enough for Stephen Hawking, it's good enough for your mom.

They're dirt-cheap because nobody wants a Sandy Bridge laptop, but they're indestructible, licensed for Windows 7 Business (and therefore Windows 10 Pro), and if you spill your coffee on them it comes right back out the bottom.

All the laptop/tablet versions have a touchscreen, and I think it's an option on the laptop version.

Definitely go with Windows 10: it's got loads of features to help people that aren't good with computers or have trouble manipulating them.
>>
>>13102
>>13121
>>13148
Thank you so much. I'll go off of what you've suggested. Sorry I wasn't aware of the wiki, I'll check it out.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.