[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Quest Concept Spins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1464302244878[1].jpg (198 KB, 413x600) Image search: [Google]
1464302244878[1].jpg
198 KB, 413x600
I just finished watching this for the first time, and other than some slight pacing issues, I thought this was really good. I also really liked Devil is a Part-Timer.

Are there any other animes out there that take the Dragon Quest "Hero vs Demon King" concept and twist it on it's head like these two shows have?
>>
File: konosuba_008.jpg (77 KB, 582x688) Image search: [Google]
konosuba_008.jpg
77 KB, 582x688
Konosuba from last season was very popular.

Full name:
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
>>
>>129022
>animes
>>
>>129025
Already watched it. A fantastic anime, I loved every second.
>>
>>129036

What about about Overlord and Grimgar?

Overlord is different by having the protagonist start overpowered and instead, he just tries to find his friends. No need to look for the big bad, since he is the big bad.

I haven't watched Grimgar, but I've heard that it also takes a different approach to this genre.

No Game No Life also, maybe? Not so much "defeat the ancient evil" and more so just playing random games against others and having a fun time.

I also haven't watched Senyuu, but it seems to be a parody on RPG stories. It's also got 4-minute episodes just in case it's bad and you don't actually want it.

Also, if you want something similar to Maoyuu Maou Yuusha in its premise, I believe people like to compare it with Spice & Wolf.
>>
>>129062
I liked Overlord because I generally like it when I'm watching people play on a grander stage, and the amount of caution he takes in his every moves was a sigh of relief from all of the "POWER IS FRIENDSHIP!" stuff.

I will add Grimgar to the list though. Already reading through another recommendation, Helck, which is stupid fun so far.

NGNL was pretty solid, but I'm hoping they get a second season someday. Probably won't at this point.

Will also check out Senyuu too. Thanks anon! Keep the recommendations coming!
>>
>>129062
>I believe people like to compare it with Spice & Wolf.
I didn't watch Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, but I believe people say that because of the whole "economics" thing. The central feature of S&W is rather the traveling with companions (or mostly one), though, so S&W isn't a different take on Dragon Quest's "Hero vs. Demon King" concept, but anyone that likes traveling with companions will like it. However, OP probably watched S&W anyways. (If not, do it.)

Grimgar is also less something of the Dragon Quest kind, but rather has its roots in the likes of DotHack and the new wave of "we're trapped in a virtual world" LNs. It's also mostly serious, but still very comfy (slow-paced, calm, quiet moments, light-hearted scenes). Also, the group is much bigger.
>>
>>129062
>>129068
Maoyu was openly based on S&W, they're not just two series with a similar setup.
The reason people usually mention one when discussing the former is that Mamare makes it clear that S&W was a influence on his creation. Not only that, the MC couple is also voiced by Lawrence and Korbo's seiyuu and iirc it's the same publisher.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.