[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help /wsr/ I got a Galaxy S5. It was fine when I got it at first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: samsung-galaxy-s5-g900f-1.jpg (117 KB, 600x516) Image search: [Google]
samsung-galaxy-s5-g900f-1.jpg
117 KB, 600x516
Help /wsr/

I got a Galaxy S5. It was fine when I got it at first but it has turned really slow with time,
and its gotten filled up and I think I even got viruses on it or some shit.
It has all those galaxy/samsung stupid apps that I never use and can't delete.
My friend told me he installed a different operating system for it?
Like I have lollipop right now but he had a cleaner version of it or some shit.
Anyone willing to guide an idiot? I had an iPhone 5 before it.
>>
What your friend is talking about is a custom ROM, which is nice but not necessary at all.

Okay first we need to get rid of that shitty launcher, install Nova from the playstore. Then go to Nova settings and go to the "apps & widgets drawer" and set the "drawer app grid" to something like 8x10.

This will show you all the apps installed on the phone and will make it easier to disable them and clear their cache. It will also male your phone somewhat faster because the Nova launcher has a lot less bloat than the touchwizz launcher.
>>
>>128790

Thanks, I'll do that right now.
Do you think wiping my phone first would be a good idea? I don't think just getting rid of these apps would fix the issues with it.
>>
Now you are going to go to the apps drawer where everything is crammed together (for now) and drag the chrome/opera/ or any web browsers to the top of the screen where it says "app info". Once here go to the cache section and clear cache. Do this to your 4chin app if you have one.
>>
>>128797
>Do you think wiping my phone first would be a good idea? I don't think just getting rid of these apps would fix the issues with it.
Not really. Just do as I say for now, you might be able to get away with a faster phone without having to reset it.
>>
Let me know when you finish doing the above.
>>
>>128798
Did that, there wasn't too much cache to delete.
>>
CARTER LEDDD
>>
Sorry had to take a call.
>>
Okay before we continue I forgot to mention that we have to set the nova launcher as the default launcher to prevent the old laggy one from shitting things up.

Press the home button and click on nova launcher and set it to "always".
>>
Now you remove or disable any bloat.

Drag apps you suspect of being bloat to the top onto "app info". Uninstall them if you can else clear the cache and click "disable". Disabled apps still reside on your phone do not use CPU/RAM resources unless you enable them again.

Bloat consists of "cleaning" apps, most google apps (books, google+, movied), and basically any apps that you never really use.
>>
Finally make sure you have at least 600MB of free internal storage. This will help speedup your android OS somewhat.

Now restart your phone and you should now have a faster phone.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.