[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get new game (pic related) >new pc can't run it well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: overwatch-cover.jpg (219 KB, 1059x1288) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-cover.jpg
219 KB, 1059x1288
>get new game (pic related)
>new pc can't run it well but old one can

how can I make it so I don't have to keep hooking and unhooking cables every time I want to use each pc?
>>
User the faster PC. Transfer whatever old stuff you want from the slower one on to the faster one so you don't need the slower one anymore.
>>
>>128758
what do I do with the newer pc then?
>>
>>128760

Depends. Is the newer PC slower? if so then put it in a closet and don't use it unless you need to. Keep it as a backup in case the primary one breaks down.
>>
>>128761
the new pc is better than the old one in every way except games so I still have a use for it
>>
>>128763

Put the video card from the old computer into the newer one. Do they both have video cards? can you take a picture of the insdes of both?
>>
>>128765
the newer one is a mac so even if I could remove the graphics card from the old one I wouldn't be able to put it in the new one. are external graphics cards a thing?
>>
>>128767

Did you buy it in stores or online. Don't they offer a Pc version that you can try out with the MAC version or something?

Whenever I do need to hook two PC's up to a monitor I utilize each port on the monitor like the VGA one to the PC and the DVI to the other PC and monitors usually allow you to switch between the two by like pressing a button on it.
>>
>>128770
the game? in stores, there's no mac version
the mac? online. I even ordered the higher ram amount and it makes no difference.

that would be convenient but my monitor only has the one input. sorry I don't know whether it's vga or dvi
>>
You could try something like this http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-2-Port-Switch-Cables-GCS22U/dp/B001D1UTC4/ref=lp_13983771_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1464271591&sr=1-2

I think what you want is a KVM.

Read about it and see it it's worth it and if it's what you're looking for.
>>
>>128781
that looks really good. is there a version for the white type of cable? sorry I can't think of the name but the port is white and wider than that.
>>
>>128784

Check here http://www.amazon.com/b?node=13983771
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.