[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime Movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: Kimurasfamily.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Kimurasfamily.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
Are there any good anime movies? Stuff that a majority of people would say is good, not just your opinion.
>>
Studio Ghibli/shit by Miyazaki. Satoshi Kon's works are also objectively pretty good.
>>
If you just want to watch uber safe stuff then stick to Ghibli movies, they're like the Disney of Japan and their movies have pretty universal appeal, similar to Disney.
>>
>>128568
>>128571
I was hoping for stuff that wasn't studio ghibili
>>
>>128573
The girl who kept through time is pretty good, though the pacing can be odd
>>
Here are some of my favourites:

Studio Ghibli
>Spirited Away
>Howl's Moving Castle
>Princess Mononoke
>NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind
>Grave of the Fireflies

Mamoru Hosoda
>Summer Wars
>Wolf Children
>The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Satoshi Kon
>Paprika
>Perfect Blue
>Tokyo Godfathers

Makoto Shinkai
>5 Centimeters Per Second
>The Garden of Words
>Children Who Chase Lost Voices
>>
>>128573

Then go for people like Satoshi Kon, Makoto Shinkai, or Mamoru Hosoda. All well-respected directors, even if two of them are bad and one is a god. I recommend Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers, The Garden of Words, 5 Centimeters Per Second, Summer Wars, and Wolf Children. Two by each of the directors in order.

There's also Mamoru Oshii, but he's a little out there. Check out Angel's Egg, Jin-Roh, or The Sky Crawlers if you want something with less dialogue and more thinking involved in the watching process than with most things.

Also, just in case you haven't watched The Cat Returns from Ghibli, go watch it. It's love.

Some movies that aren't Ghibli or those other guys:

Giovanni's Island
Shashinkan
La Maison en Petits Cubes
Redline
Tailenders
Steamboy
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
A Letter to Momo
Welcome to the Space Show
Akira
Hotarubi no Mori e
Memories
Neo Tokyo
Sakasama no Patema
Tekkon Kinkreet
Hells
Metropolis
Oblivion Island

Enjoy.

>>128579

And this guy just covers the entire first half of my post.
>>
File: 1463979757690.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463979757690.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
>>128579
>>128582
thanks (:
>>
truly a classic
>>
>>128707
Read the manga too, OP
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.