[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime where protagonist isn't a complete faggot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Spike.jpg (39 KB, 251x263) Image search: [Google]
Spike.jpg
39 KB, 251x263
Trying to get into anime.

Having trouble finding anime where I can actually relate to the main character. Most of the time they are edgy/depressed/annoying like won't shut up about their parents dying type shit.

Couldn't into neon genesis, guerran lagann (sp), attack on titan, and a few others for this reason.

Anime I liked are Cowboy Bebop, Ping Pong, and RWBY if that counts.

I like fantasy/adventure/sci fi, but anything comfy is good too.

No shows about little girls either.

I know I have shit taste btw.
>>
SPICE AND WOLF
>>
G.T.O
>>
>>128120

Planetes
>>
>>128120
*cracks knuckles*
Samurai Champloo (but if you haven't seen this, I'll be surprised.)
Ghost in Shell
Bakuman
The Tatami Galaxy
Trigun
Gangsta. (personal favorite on this list)
Food Wars
Durarara!(rararararara...sorry. inside joke)
Black Lagoon
Speed Grapher
Annddd that's all I have, for now.
>>
>>128120
Baccano
Kino no tabi
>>
>>128181
Firstly, fuck off with the gaia shit.

Secondly, I'm not sure how either DRRR or Black Lagoon have that type of MC. DRRR's protag is acceptable at best, and Black Lagoon's protag revolves around the fact he doesn't fit in.
>>
All titles are sci-fi and fantasy.

Atmospheric:
>Kino no Tabi
>Mushishi
>Serial Experiments Lain (surreal)
>Haibane Renmei
>Aria: The Animation (maximum comfy)

Action & Adventure:
>Outlaw Star
>Utawarerumono
>Birdy the Mighty: Decode
>Hellsing Ultimate (10 episode OVA series)

Misc Sci-fi:
>Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
>Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm (2 episode OVA)
>Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 (26 episode OVA series)
>Memories (3 short films)
>Legend of the Galactic Heroes (110 episode OVA series)
>>
>>128120
Space Dandy
>>
>hating Gurren Lagann for edgy/depressed Simon
He gets seriously way past that. It's part of the point of his character development, and part of the show, to accept shitty stuff and not only move past it, but to become more awesome in spite of it.
If you can't get through it in the show, at least try the movies, which compact the sad moments a lot and give a pretty good run of the story.
>>
>>128120
darker than black, psycho-pass
>>
>>128120
>anime where I can actually relate to the main character

What type of person are you? You kinda come off as edgy/depressed/annoying
>>
>>128120
You're not supposed to sympathise with Shinji. He's a male version of the reluctant heroine archetype that was real popular before Evangelion. Empathise, sure. But he's not supposed to be likeable.

Try Mushibugyou, Hero Academia, or Gundam Build Fighters.

>>128181
>drr
Seriously? Moot is as unlikeable as a character gets, and singlehandedly relegates the series into three-episode-rule territory: "The narrator is an absolute utter bell-end." "That's okay, he only narrates episode one".
>>
>>128175

Seems interesting

>>128346
>>128181
thanks for the lists

>>128363
might try it again then... mecha doesn't really do it for me tho. I did think the world was pretty cool

>>128399
even if I was, why would I want to watch an anime about someone edgy/depressed/annoying?
>>
SHUT THE FUCK UP EVERYONE

>>128120
berserk and jojo
and that's it
>>
>>128477
faggot

>>128502
>meme anime
>implying Guts isn't edgy as fuck
>>
>>128502
With jojo, where do I start? And is the dub any good?
>>
>>128584
Jojo is probably best started from the beginning so you know what the fuck is going on with Dio, hamon, etc. A lot of people just get into part 3 (Stardust Crusaders) right away and that's cool too. Each part is only loosely connected (part 2's protag is part 1's protag's grandson, same for part 3, etc) so you don't miss much if you skip around. You'd probably like part 2's protagonist a lot though. The new anime is good, pretty faithful to the manga except they omitted some stuff from part 2. Part 1 is only like ten episodes so even if you don't like Jonathan it's worth it just to know what's going on.

The OVA is like a super condensed version of certain boss fights from part 3, and it's alright - kind of considered a classic. The dub sucks. The dub for the 2012 anime is pretty decent though. Thing is, Jojo is campy and hammy as fuck in general, and the dub plays that up a bit. So it's personal preference really.
>>
File: kornheiser embarassing.png (134 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
kornheiser embarassing.png
134 KB, 334x393
>>128181
Woah shit fampai you got some bad taste
>Anime I liked are Cowboy Bebop, Ping Pong, and RWBY
>Anime I liked are... RWBY
>anime
>RWBY
>Anime where protagonist isn't a complete faggot
>RWBY
This whole thread is full of fuck.

>>128120
OP, what you need is some goddamn golden-age MANIME

Armored Trooper VOTOMS
>MC is a badass
>no anime hair if you don't count discoloration
>realistic portrayal of PTSD on par with Heart of Darkness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyu1ShmG8ow

Macross 7
>MC is a guitarist who stops wars using sheer, unbridled energy from the heart, man
>whole cast is colorful and the animation quality is consistent, if not near the high points of it's predecessor
>dad rock soundtrack by nu-dad rock band Fire Bomber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uCciEhtzGU

Berserk (the manga is better)
>animation quality is poor and reliance on still frames is noticeable, but has fantastic art direction
>MC is a man's man who's pretty chill for the most part, like a Nathan Drake you could actually talk to
>whole anime plays like a "best of /tg/" minus the elves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YIN7O-PmWY

The Daily Lives of High School Boys
>colorful cast of relatable characters
>legitimately some of the best comedy to come out of anime

Shin Getter Robo: Armageddon
>MCs are batshit insane
>god-tier fights from one of the best manga series ever animated in glorious 90s OVA form
>everyone is manly as fuck, including the girls
>just look at these fucking sideburns holy shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxsb1jSfzuM

Shin Mazinger Shougeki: Z-hen
>based loosely on manga by GO NAGAI
>MC is hotblooded as shit
>looks fantastic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPI6tBQz93k

G Gundam (does not follow Gundam continuity)
>only Gundam series where the protagonist is an adult
>karate as shit
>this fucking dub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AoN6mr3cQ8

Nigga what you need in general is a visit to /m/
>>
>>128160
Protagonist is actually a gigantic faggot
>>
>>128692
RWBY is shit but it's comfy as hell fampadre

It's so happy and bright, super good to watch while high too

Its not anime cus its western whatever but its pretty similar
>>
>>128717
Anime follows a general asthetic, not to mention that any cartoon can be classed as anime. It's really just a trivial and meaningless division of concept in the first place.
>>
>>128727
Go post Steven Universe on /a/ and see what happens.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.