[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Cowboy Bebop subs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I've heard from places that the dub is really good, but seeing that it's hard to even capture the culture from the subs, I'm gonna go with original japanese audio + subs.

What subs for Cowboy Bebop would you recommend?

I prefer ones that have the honorifics still in them, and IMO DeadFish has been pretty terrible
>>
>>128043

Watch it with the dub. It really is that good. The world that it portrays isn't even Japanese, really, and neither are the characters. As such, no culture to really capture.

Anyway, from what MAL users say, niizk is the best subgroup for Cowboy Bebop. I don't know if they use honorifics. Although official subs might just be better, which I think most new releases will probably have, so CBM or EG would be fine as well.

Also, Deadfish is a re-encoding group that just convert releases to .mp4 so phones or other devices can play anime files. They don't mess with the subs at all, besides making them hardsubs instead of soft, I think.

I know this is probably bait or a joke, but I reply in the hopes that you're a true soul that I can convert to the light.
>>
The dub isn't actually that good, only the 3 main characters are done well, whereas all the minor roles and even Vicious sound like shit. I will however also add that the Japanese dub is also quite lackluster, and even though the extras aren't nearly as horrendous as the eng dub, neither are the main cast nearly as iconic vocally as the eng dub, so I'd say just watch the dub
>>
>>128056
No bait here. Thanks, I'm going to try the niizk subs. Even though the culture might not be Japanese, as a Korean, I found that the way people express themselves are really familiar to my own culture. I'll probably give the dubs a try sometime down the road so I can give people my own opinion when the time comes.

I didn't know that about Deadfish... interesting... I guess I've just been burned a few times watching an entire series and then seeing that another subgroup had wayyy better subs than the ones Deadfish encoded with.
>>
>>128180

That's fine, at least you have a somewhat legitimate reason for it. Just know that there is some truth to the high quality of the English dub.

To be more specific with Deadfish, they pretty much just grab the fastest subgroup that subbed the episode, which is usually Horriblesubs (Crunchyroll), unless there's some crazy group that translated it really fast or official subs are days late. They'll sometimes do a second release or v2 where they'll grab better subs for it after the initial release. They also put the subs they used in the torrent description, too.

Example:
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=814851
And their releases
http://www.nyaa.se/?user=169660

By the way, a torrent being colored orange on Nyaa means it's a re-encode. Green means they're a "trusted" user. And blue means Nyaa mods picked the release as the "best" release.
>>
>>128289
Wow holy crap, thanks fampai. Your wisdom won't go to waste
>>
just watch it dub
don't be a fucking weeb subbed anime is a meme
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.