[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking about getting into anime so do any of you have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 750x690) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 750x690
I'm thinking about getting into anime so do any of you have any suggestions on where to get started and what are some good shows?
>>
>>127942
Death Note is great. Also Neon Genesis Evangelium
>>
>>127942
One Punch Man is awesome. Its on the comedy side
>>
Thanks! >>127944 >>127945
>>
>>127944
good recs anon

>>127945
get better taste faggot

>Hitchhikers Guide to Anime

Stay away from otakushit people from /a/ are going to try and roofie you with that otakushit you're already weird anon but you don't want to be weeb weird

>Where to start?
80s - 00s is about the gold standard for anime anything below the 80s generally the animation quality takes a hit; around 2010 is when anime turns into meme marketing otakushit some actually good starting points are

>Akira
>Lupin the 3rd*
>Studio Ghibli**
>Birdy the Mighty
>Vampire Hunter D (and Bloodlust)
>Ghost in the Shell
>Tenchi Muyo***
>Cowboy Bebop (+Knocking on Heaven's Door)
>Outlaw Star
>Last Exile
>Redline
>Parasyte
>Speed Grapher
>Mushishi
>FLCL

*part 2 is pretty much the best
**really any movie by studio ghibli is the bees knees my favorite is Kiki's Delivery Service because that was my first anime
***Ryo-Ohki and Universe are my favs Tokyo kinda sucks the two movies are fun

>Otakushit

not all otakushit is dangerous to your mental and physical wellbeing there are some good ones but they are far and few between for instance Tenchi can be considered otakushit but its good so its just anime

its pretty easy to spot otakushit because they character designs are generic as fuck there is

>always some chick with glasses generally has big tiddies
>some chick that always comes around and squeezes them and makes tiddie jokes
>some kind of younger girl or boy in the group
>maybe some kind of idol or is secretly an idol
>there is a beach episode

those are just some examples of otakushit but really after you watch a couple of series/movies you'll be catch on really quickly because otakushit is hella generic

>A word on otakus
I don't like them they're the cancer and poison of anime I generally don't talk about anime with them because the watch otakushit and turn it into something normies and non-anime watchers find as creepy

>About the Author
Baller Status
>>
File: 1463448505610.png (88 KB, 300x278) Image search: [Google]
1463448505610.png
88 KB, 300x278
>>127942
Milky Holmes
>>
>>127988
>around 2010 is when anime turns into meme marketing otakushit
That's funny, cause 10 years ago it was 1998 that was the cut off for "everything being otaku pandering shit."

OP, take everything this guy says with a grain of salt, he probably listed every single anime he's ever seen in that post and he only watched them because he was recommended them by somebody else.
>>
>>128018
Do you have two versions of this picture? I'm pretty sure I've seen it flip flopping.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.