[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Linear Algebra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Picture 34.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Picture 34.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
Can anyone please help with any of the last three questions? I'm having a really hard time in this class and don't know how to address these problems. Even a step in the right direction would be helpful
>>
Do you know how to multiply matrices?
If you don't know that then there is no point of doing anything else.
Do you know the methods of calculating inverse of a matrix by hand?
>>
>>127720
Yeah, it took a while, but I got the second and third questions (i think).
Number 4 still confuses me, but only because I dont exactly know the solution method to that particular question.
>>
>>127730
Try multiplying row consisting of 0s by a nonzero column?
>>
>>127732
been stuck for a while now, can you maybe give a little more insight?
>>
>>127752
m-th row of matrix AB will consist of 0s. Why? Because the m-th row is achieved by multiplying the m-th row of A by every column of B.
0*anything=0
>>
>>127756
So given I create a case for that to be true, how do I make a proof by induction for that?
>>
>>127770
>So given I create a case for that to be true
what

Why do you want to use induction
>>
>>127772
In class the teacher always wants us to prove everything.
The question only asks for one case, which given your advice makes sense! (Thanks again), but I think I need a more abstract proof, abstract may be the wrong word. I can prove that AB will have a row of zeros, but that's only one case
>>
>>127774
Question asks for a general case of finite matrices that can be multiplied. Nothing I said relates to some specific scenario. What other cases?
Not every proof is made by induction.
>>
>>127778
Sorry, this is the first class that emphasized proofs, so I'm terrible with the syntax
>>
>>127786
You still need that proof written formally or can you do it yourself.
>>
>>127789
I think I can do it, thanks again dude. This class is just really difficult for me, all the kids in there are computer science majors and have been doing this as a hobby for ages so I hate asking questions
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.