[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good free image editors? The main feature I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
What are some good free image editors? The main feature I'm looking for is the ability to work with transparent backgrounds.
>>
gimp
>>
paint.net
website's getpaint.net, paint.net is a place of literal paint
>>
GIMP
>>
>>127608
>>127631
It's doing exactly what I needed, thanks guys.
>>
>>127600
are you making rainmeter wallpapers? I'll help you out if you'd like. I find that kind of work really relaxing
>>
>>127608
>>127631

>recommending GIMP
Do you just hate OP an unbelievable amount? Paint.Net is so much easier to work with when you only want to do relatively simple things.
>>
>>128262
OP asked for "good", not "easy". GIMP is the best.
>>
>>128287
So far there's only been forced to use something other than Paint.Net for one thing, and now I have a torrented version of Photoshop instead of dealing with GIMP's bullshit
>>
>>128290
OP asked for "free", not "pirated. GIMP is free.

also, stop bumping a dead thread, stupid. learn2sage

sidenote: I've casually used GIMP for 2 years and then had to do simple screen shot cropping on a PC that had only PS installed. wow, that was a clusterfuck. right now i'm leaning towards "i don't want to deal with PS's bullshit" more than disliking GIMP. it's probably whichever you learn first.
>>
>>128293
I learned Photoshop first. Well, Corel Draw 3 first, but photoshop before gimp.

Gimp is millions of times more comfortable and customizable than photoshop. Not to mention how many resources ps hogs.
>>
>>128340
cool. thanks for the perspective. it's probably a lot of habit while objectively they both do different aspects better. GIMP's text handling and colour picker are pretty atrocious, let's be honest. but yeah, layers and layer masks, selection tools - it all felt a bit more intuitive on GIMP than on PS.

small world, i actually started with corel photopaint as well. even though i used corel draw more just like you - since that's a vector program it's probably more akin to inkscape (which i should really get around to learning some day, i have it sitting installed for years now never using it). i remember kinda figuring my way around GIMP the very first time i used it - maybe it's more similar to corel programmes than it is to adobe software?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.