[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this real or its a scam letter??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: bbull.png (369 KB, 538x739) Image search: [Google]
bbull.png
369 KB, 538x739
So I just got this letter this morning
''You have chosen to ignore our previous attempts to resolve this matter''
I have never got any warning or letter about this, I do not owe something to pay
>>
Hey man this happened to me and i thought it was real but ut was a scammer going around my neighbourhood. I hope its the case for yours ir maybey its real
>>
>>147626
>I have never got any warning or letter about this, I do not owe something to pay
Could be a case of mistaken identity or someone stole your identity. Call/e-mail/write them and and ask them to verify the debt.

If someone has taken up debt in your name, you go to the police.
>>
I just googled the company, not only are they not accredited by the Better Business Bureau, but they've had complaints lodged against them for harassing people with letters and threats.

https://www.bbb.org/sdoc/business-reviews/collection-systems/us-debt-recovery-in-irvine-ca-100119081/

Furthermore this article http://www.floridadebtfighters.com/blog/2014/05/ca-debt-collector-busted-forced-refund-4m-banned-industry/ revealed that there are lots of companies like these that engage in illegal collection methods. For future reference it's not legal for a debt collector to threaten you with litigation or to lie or harass you with letters. Report them to the BBB.
>>
definitely a scam, and if you're so inclined you should report them to the FTC, if not sue them yourself.

most telling is the fact that you got this letter today and it's dated april 29th. yeah, sure, got lost in the post for TWO MONTHS. just a tactic to try to scare you into thinking 'OH NO, MY 10 DAYS HAVE PAST, I MUST FORK OVER THE MONEY NOW'
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.