[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never been able to consistently enjoy anime* until
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1438934573965.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1438934573965.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
I've never been able to consistently enjoy anime* until Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Personally I don't care for modern politics, but I love the pseudohistorical mythos that LOTGH portrays, sort of like Tolkien's work. Is there anything else that I might enjoy as much? I would prefer no lewdity/giant boobs and minimal humor, as well as nothing like your stereotypical anime with giant swords and harry-potter-esque teen protagonists.
*I watched the pilots of Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, seeing no value. For a time I seemed to find enjoyment in Noragami, but it had too much of that stereotypical anime element [see above.]
>>
>>126526
Very little anime is quite like LoGH. Have you seen all of it? 110 eps plus two great movies (My conquest is the sea of stars, Overture to a new war), and one mediocre one (Golden Wings). There is also the 52 side story episodes but they kind of suck compared to the main series

Look into Crest of the Stars, that is the only anime franchise I can think of that you would most definitely like, and I've seen hundreds. I could recommend so many great anime similar to LoGH, but they all have some kind of anime stereotype involved. Like Giant Robo: The Day The Earth Stood Still, or Gunbuster. Both I would rate above LoGH, but Gunbuster has lots of fanservice and Giant Robo is unrealistic and the protagonist is a child
>>
You might like Kino no Tabi, It's pretty short, but it's really good and it doesn't fall into to many anime-ey tropes I can think of.
Also I really like Mouryou no Hako, it's pretty fantastic, you'll be turned off by the first episode though because it's seen from the victim's perspective.
>>
>>126540
>>126542
I suppose that something which purifies the feudal element would also be satisfactory, as I really like Romanticism and the Arts and Crafts Movement.
>>
There's actually an OVA of 52 new episodes of related side stories (LoGH: Gaiden) and three prequel movies, if you want more LoGH. Two of the movies are just better, theatrical versions of the first few episodes of the series, though.
>>
>>126526
https://archive.nyafuu.org/wsr/thread/2432/#8598
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.