[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone rate this gaming build?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1463956629244968583461.jpg (313 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
1463956629244968583461.jpg
313 KB, 2560x1536
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NK6znQ

What can I do to improve it and stay around the same price range?
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cTjjjX

Why buy an OS?
>>
SSDs are kind of nice.
>>
Not bad at all.

With your budget you got good stuff. If you can't afford an SSD oh well but they do speed up the OS.

I would get an SSD and get a 3 TB HDD whenever I can afford it later on.

I would also pirate Windows and save a hundred bucks to spend on hardware but nothing wrong with buying it, it's the right thing to do.

I have 16 GB of ram and know I won't need any more so I would consider getting 4 sticks of 4 GB instead of two sticks of 8.

I would spend a little less on the case. I always have spend around 30-40 on cases especially without PSU to use that money on other hardware. I don't need my interior to look good enough to eat off of.

I'd get a cheaper PSU (around 60-70 $) and spend that on hardware (either SSD or stronger cpu).
>>
>>126512
Where would I get an OS then? Also how well do you think this build could run the new battlefield coming out at 1080p?
>>
>>126521
Pirate windows 7 and create a bootable usb with the iso on your current computer
>>
>>126520
What psu and cpu do you recommend?
>>
>>126524
You cab save even more money by shoplifting the hardware from Best Buy.
>>
>>126528

I'm customizing your list right now to show you what I personally would do.

How did you choose your motherboard? I would choose a cheaper motherboard too. I know motherboards are the backbone of the PC performance but have you checked for cheaper ones that offer the same performance?
>>
File: cpu.png (155 KB, 1918x943) Image search: [Google]
cpu.png
155 KB, 1918x943
>>126534

I'm at the point where I'm trying to choose a different CPU but for some reason only get one page of a total of like 20 different processors to choose from? not sure why I can't get any more i7s in here. Is it because of the motherboard?
>>
>>126539
Idk, this is my first build so this is all very foreign to me.
>>
>>126541

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Bk7ryc

I'd have to go with something similar to this. This looks to be the exact same price pretty much as your version but I took away the Windows OS, and got a slightly cheaper power supply. You got a decent sized SSD (other brands like Sandisk are the same exact price in case you don't like A-data) and an Intel 6600k with a cooler master. I also put in two Corsair fans so you can put one on your case and one on the CPU cooler because I can't stand that cooler master fan it comes with.

Just something to consider.
>>
>>126546
I have a couple more questions, is the i5 6500 over the i5 6600 going to make much of a difference and can I overclock those cards?
>>
>>126552

The i5-6500 you originally chose you can't overclock from I understand because it doesn't have a "k" at the end of it like the 6600k I chose. With the K version Intel CPU's you can overclock them.

As for which one is better these two pages should help you learn a bit about CPUs.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-6500/3503vs3513

This page says that the 6600k Is quite better than the 6500. Whether or not it's worth what you're paying extra for it is up to you though, just like anything else you can stick with the 6500 and spend the saved money elsewhere (save it, spend it on gas, spend it on another computer part).

This page http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2797128/6600k-6500-6600.html

has a couple people that explain that the 6500 really isn't that slow to begin with and you might not really need a 6600k. It really depends on what you want to do and what your expectations are from your CPU. I can't make that decision for you really because I'm not going to be the one sitting at your computer all the time and "gaming" just isn't specific enough to pinpoint what CPU you will need in the long run.
>>
>>126557
Much obliged, anon.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.