[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you recommend me Anime and Visual Novels with good OSTs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 091109190440_f0.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
091109190440_f0.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
Can you recommend me Anime and Visual Novels with good OSTs?

I come from a vidya background, which means I have a penchant for classical music and Japanese Progressive Rock (A la Uematsu or Motoi Sakuraba) so, do anime and VN have soundtracks with the same prog inspirations, or similar? Or just good music?
>>
>>126275

Yeah, I don't know about Japanese Prog Rock, but Evangelion has quite a bit of classical music in it while also having a fantastic soundtrack along with them.

So, Evangelion for your classical music.

Haruhi uses Eric Satie's Gymnopédies, 1, but what anime doesn't at this point.

Anyway, some anime I've watched with lovely soundtracks:

Cowboy Bebop
Eden of the East
Gatchaman Crowds
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (First season, second season, Solid State Society)
Gunbuster
Houkago no Pleiades
Ikoku Meiro Croisee
Monster
Redline
Samurai Champloo
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Steins;Gate (The VN's soundtrack is better, but they're both great. Also, play the VN before watching the anime.)
Tatami Galaxy
The Big O
Welcome to the NHK

Some notable artists, if you just want to look up other anime/VNs they worked on (There are others, too lazy to look up):

Yoko Kanno
Taku Iwasaki
Susumu Hirasawa
Kenji Kawai

If you want some more suggestions, check /a/ to see if there's a 3x3 specifically for albums/soundtracks, since everyone's taste in music is quite different. Hope you enjoy anything I suggested though.
>>
Umineko is pretty famous for it's OST.
>>
>>126275
Yuki Kajiura's works are pretty incredible
>Madoka Magica
>Kara no Kyoukai
>Fate/Zero
>>
Hyakko's OST has some classicalish pieces. But it's also got bluesish ones, and rockish ones, and whatnot.

It's pretty good. The Morning Musume producer composed it.
>>
OP here

>>126383

Already watched Evangelion. And yes, it has a nice soundtrack. Now Im interested in watching Bleach, Magi, and the Berserk movies for more Shiro Sagisu goodness.

Already familiar with the work of Iwasaki Taku. I like the guy, yeah, very ecclectic.

>>126387

I listened to some works by Akiko Shikata and I liked it very much. Want to play the Umineko VNs because of Miss Akiko.

>>126389

Already watched Kara no Kyoukai. The soundtrack was nice, but I think Kajiura abuses a bit of the chord orchestrations and female choruses.

I heard some pieces of Macross soundtracks, and they have that prog rock feel I search. Just pay atention to soundtracks of videogames like Final Fantasy, Tales of, Xenogears, Castlevania, Megaman, Romancing Saga, Legend of Mana...Is there a composer or a soundtrack from anime or VNs that share that same feel?

And thank you for the suggestions, gonna put them on the list.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.