[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend me animes similar to Evangelion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1381986778622.jpg (1 MB, 1266x920) Image search: [Google]
1381986778622.jpg
1 MB, 1266x920
For example, Fafner, which is ending this week.

Stuff about teenage pilots, cool drama, and fighting aliens or weird assimilation enemies.
>>
Rahxephon. Literally eva.
>>
>>12684
Seconded.

Eureka Seven, Gurren Lagann, Bokurano, Aquarion, Zegapain.
>>
I was thinking of watching Bokurano or RahX. Not sure which. I watched the first 2 episodes of RahX and liked the girls, but the weird Egyptian shit turned me off. Does it get better?
>>
>>12689
Gurren laggan isn't similar to Eva except for the robots in space thing. That's like the only thing they have in common. That's like recommending Naruto to someone who watched Future Diary because they both have males in the show.
>>
>animes
>>
>>12606
Code Geass is similar-ish.

There is suffering, but the main character is less damaged. Good Sci-fi/supernatural mix in both.
>>
File: 1446581273107.jpg (152 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446581273107.jpg
152 KB, 1280x720
Keit-Ai.
>>
>>12916
NVM, just realized you wanted aliens/weird enemies
>>
>>12606
God. Liking Evangelion because it's giant robots with teenage pilots fighting weird aliens is such a terrible reason to like Evangelion.

Well, giving you what you want, people already said RahXephone.

Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure is another Evangelion Ripoff.
>>
>>12606
GUNBUSTAH
>>
Mawaru Penguindrum
>>
Gunbuster is essentially what you described. Teenage pilots, fighting aliens, cool sci-fi shit, and it was directed by Anno. In many ways, considered the spiritual predecessor to Eva.

You could also watch classics of the mecha genre like Gundam to gain an appreciation of what Eva serves to deconstruct.
>>
Gao Gai Gar.
>>
Elfen lied
>>
>>12817
The robots don't go into space in Evangelion. Just Unit-01 in EoE
>>
File: wallpapers-argento-soma-5.jpg (186 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
wallpapers-argento-soma-5.jpg
186 KB, 1024x768
No teenage pilots but look at Argento Soma, it has everything else you want and some Iron Giant on the side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8jUMewhLRI
>>
>>12606
watch Gunbuster its the first directoral work of the chick that made Evangelion

Its short and sweet and the last episode is black and white and I still cant decide if that was an artistic decision or budget cut
>>
>>13220
Of course it was artistic, you fucking retard. Did you even watch the episode?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.