[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently started to read HxH again and I'm wondering Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: another hiatus.jpg (24 KB, 525x297) Image search: [Google]
another hiatus.jpg
24 KB, 525x297
I recently started to read HxH again and I'm wondering
Is there any other worthy shounen series?
Basically I'm looking for something with extremely retarded and convoluted powers, and without extreme amounts of filler/asspulls.
>>
>>125267
Bleach. even the fillers we're almost good.
>>
One Piece is good stuff with some wacky powers. Definitely read the manga. If you decide to watch the anime, refer to my picture or this wiki page to skip the filler: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Arcs
That also gives you a good idea of how long each section of One Piece is, so it doesn't seem so intimidating. It's still pretty intimidating though.

If you haven't already, JoJo's probably even more what you're looking for. I haven't watched it myself, but some of the powers I've come across/heard about are straight up ridiculous. So give that a watch.

You might also like One Punch Man. And maybe Nanatsu no Taizai.

(By the way, "shounen" isn't a genre, it's a demographic. So even stuff like Nisekoi, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, and Watamote are "shounen" anime.)

>>125295

Bleach is asspull city though. It does have some pretty interesting Shikai/Bankai though, along with the powers some of the antagonists have.
>>
File: One Piece - Arcs.png (73 KB, 1739x946) Image search: [Google]
One Piece - Arcs.png
73 KB, 1739x946
Forgot my picture. Only took it just in case you didn't want to make an account to see the page in a better format. Looks much better this way.
>>
>>125304
Damn OP arcs used to be way shorter
>>
>>125337

If you mean before Skypiea, I think it makes a bit of sense. Since Luffy's just gathering his crew during the first two sections at that point and slowly accumulates a member or two during the next few. Still have fond memories of those shorter arcs though.

I don't have a problem with it. Each section really manages to flesh out the specific island(s) that it's based on and manages to set the atmosphere of that little piece of the world really well, too. Long or short, Oda really brings to life whatever he writes. And whatever he writes is always really fun.
>>
File: JJBA parts 1-8.jpg (368 KB, 1714x1252) Image search: [Google]
JJBA parts 1-8.jpg
368 KB, 1714x1252
>>125267
>Basically I'm looking for something with extremely retarded and convoluted powers, and without extreme amounts of filler/asspulls.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is basically "Extremely Retarded and Convoluted Powers: The Series". Especially from Part 4 onwards.

Start from the beginning though. Part 1 (Phantom Blood) is short, and Part 2 (Battle Tendency) is amazing. Watching the anime is fine, since it's a very faithful adaptation.
>>
>>125421
I am following JoJo tho.
>>125303
I was always interested on One Piece, but the length is intimidating.
>>
>>125423

If you want, just read the first 100 chapters or watch the first 53 episodes or so. If you don't like the characters or story or whatever else at that point, then you can safely stop there, since it'll basically be those characters and a bit more doing more of the same.

Definitely read the manga, at least.
>>
>>125267
Mahou Sensei Negima. Have been trying to post explanation for the last hour, but my post keeps getting swallowed.
>>
>>125449
Okay, maybe my phone will work. Not doing that full write-up again, so tl;dr
>Action series that the writer snuck past his editors by disguising it as a harem series and changing it gradually.
>If most shonen protagonists are Kirk, Negi is Picard. Instead of starting strong and learning how to be more creative and solve fuzzier problems, he starts off creative and good at thinking on a large scale, and learns how to become more strong and motivated.
>>
File: berserk-30269.jpg (234 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
berserk-30269.jpg
234 KB, 800x1200
>>125303
You get it nigga, good taste you have.
I also recommend Beserk, not a shounen BUT hella good shit.
>>
>>125451
That sounds interesting.
>>125845
I love berserk
>>
File: NegimaBeforeAfter.jpg (95 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
NegimaBeforeAfter.jpg
95 KB, 300x300
>>126006
>That sounds interesting.
This pic is everything you need to know about Negima.

Just don't watch the anime; it's a very loose adaptation which focuses mostly on the "Before" parts.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.