[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another Damn Anime Recommendation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 450x341) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 450x341
I recently got back into anime for the first time since I was probably 15 or 16. So now I'm hooked and I need a big pile of shows to watch. I was hoping to get a few fantasy ones, but anything will do really. Assume I'm a complete cuck who doesn't know the first thing about anime and does my know any of the popular series. Just give me your personal favorites. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>145387
>cuck
I will give you some recs on the condition you stop using this word until you learn what it actually means and thereafter only employ it correctly.

Also I have no idea how long ago "I was probably 15 or 16" was so I don't know what year to start at, but I"m going to assume anything from the last couple years at least is fair game.

>Noragami
Urban fantasy in a modern setting featuring Shinto and Buddhist gods, centers on a murder hobo god who befriends a school girl that's into pro wrestling.
>Overlord
Guy in the future gets transported to a fantasy world eerily similar to an MMO he used to play with his mates, the catch is he's a powerful lich with an army of monsters and undead at his command.
>Hitsugi no Chaika
Wizard girl with a funny way of talking acquires western-style ninja bodyguards for her quest. Also wizards use magic guns powered by memories.
>Junketsu no Maria
Set in France during the Hundred Years' War, about a virgin witch who uses her magic to stop battles between the English and French, and gets on the wrong side of the Archangel Michael because of it.
>Nanatsu no Taizai
Battle shounen about knights with magic powers (no it's not anything like Saint Seiya), really over the top power levels right from the start.
>Arslan Senki
A very low-magic fantasy, setting is basically an off-color Persian Empire (before Alexander's conquest) and follows the story of the young prince destined to rule Pars (Persia). It's an adaptation of a manga series by Hiromu Arakawa (author of Fullmetal Alchemist), which is itself an adaptation of the novel series by Yoshiki Tanaka (author of Legend of the Galactic Heroes).

Should be enough to get you started.
>>
>>145387
Death Note, Trigun, Naruto, OnePunch Man, Hunter x Hunter, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Hellsing, Attack on Titan.

Neon Genesis Evangelion + EoE, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Cowboy Bebop + movie, Ninja Scroll, Berserk, Ghibli's.

Monster, GTO, FLCL, Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy, 5 Cm Per Second, RK Trust & Betrayal, K-On, Haruhi Suzumiya, Planetes, OreGairu, Steins;Gate.

The Tatami Galaxy, Welcome to the NHK, Non Non Biyori, Serial Experiments Lain, Genius Party+Beyond, Mushishi, Ping Pong, Texhnolize, Shigurui.
>>
>>145429
Death Note anime is kinda shit, I regret not having read the manga instead
>>
>>145565
agree but it's pretty good if you're under 18 and haven't watched that much anime before.
>>
>Seirei no Moribito
is a really good fantasy anime. Feels very real, and refreshing from the super generic elves dragons and kingdoms at war, while still being firmly fantasy. One of the more interesting fantasy anime.

>Vision of Escaflowne
Fairly popular fantasy anime with many subplots. It wasn't my favourite anime, but still fairly good, and many love it. And some of the best visuals seen in anime.

>Scrapped Princess
May start a little slow, but gets really exciting.

>Record of Lodoss War
Classical fantasy anime. You get what you are used to, with magic, elves, dragons and everything you'd expect. Has been criticized for being generic. Great opening themes. The most popular version is the OVA, but I didn't like it at all. However, I've loved the TV series until episode 17 where I am now, so preferences differ.

Some I haven't seen:
>Kemono no Souja Erin
>Twelve Kingdoms
this one is very frequently praised as one of the greatest masterpieces of all time
>NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind

All the anime I mentioned take place in fantasy worlds.
>>
>>145597
Since it's 4chan I assume everyone is over 18. But yeah Death Note is something you should go through at one point
>>
File: moomin sad eating.gif (517 KB, 450x324) Image search: [Google]
moomin sad eating.gif
517 KB, 450x324
Moomin
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.