[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm deploying in about five months and before that I wo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
I'm deploying in about five months and before that I wouldn't mind seeing some pretty good anime that I may have missed. I know for a fact that I want to see:
Ideon/Be invoked, Shinsekai Yori, Turn A Gundam, Gundam Build Fighters, Cashern Sins, Durarara, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Princess tutu, Sakamichi no Apollons, Space Battleship Yamato 2199, Fafner Exodus S2, Aria S3, Magic Knight Rayearth.

I'd rather stay away from shonen battleshit as I don't think I've really ever enjoyed it, and I'm pretty open to older animation. I've also seen anything that was on the older Adult swim/toonami blocks around 10 years ago, my list pulls from my taiga, so it's only shows shows I've physically seen during the two years or so I've had a taiga.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Awkwardlybrutal?status=2&tag=

Since I don't rate shows some of my favorites are Mouryou no Hako, Gunbuster, Macross DYRL, Uchouten Kazoku, Kino no Tabi, Natsume Yuujinchou, Rakugo, Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun.
I'm waiting for the BDs to finish, but I also have really been enjoying GaoGaiGar and Fafner.
>>
>>124961

Your taste seems pretty decent, without me knowing your opinions of any of them, at least. And it seems like you generally watch anything, which is nice to see once in a while. As such, I'll just list a bunch of my favorites or ones I've really enjoyed:

Perfect Blue
Euphonium
Tatami Galaxy
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Season 1 and 2 and Solid State Society
The Cat Returns
Ore Monogatari
Ikoku Meiro Croisee
Kaiji / Akagi
Evangelion Rebuild 2.0
Baccano
Steamboy
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Code Geass Season 2? (You watched season one and season two was on Adult Swim, so I'm just making sure)
Gatchaman Crowds Insight? (You watched the episode 0, so I don't know if you were disinterested or something)
Gurren Lagann movies? (They're two extremely good compilations if you ever wanted to rewatch the series)

Good luck on your deployment, anon. Don't die. You seem like a pretty cool guy. Hopefully you enjoy my suggestions as well.
>>
>>124969
I've seen about six of these but I'll definitely consider picking a few of these up before I go, Vampire Hunter D, and Ikoku Meiro Crosee both seem like something I'd really enjoy.

You are right, I rewatched Code Geass as a refresher and didn't feel the need to rewatch the second season, same for valvarape actually.
Also are there any changes in the Gurren Lagann movie that would really justify a rewatch, I've been trying to distance myself from mecha other than the ones I've specifically been wanting to see since I've been on an almost year long mecha kick and I don't end up falling into genre trap for too long.

I'll probably rewatch GitS SAC and Baccano though as I remembered enjoying them, thanks anon.

If anyone else has suggestions I'd love to hear them, I normally just go to work, work out, and watch anime so I can usually knock them out fairly quickly.
>>
>>124981

Just to make sure, watch Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust specifically. It's a wonder of animation as well as having a great cast of characters and plot. The original movie is pretty average, in my opinion, but Bloodlust has some real love put into it.

And yeah, the two Gurren Lagann movies really up the ante on everything. I wouldn't have suggested them otherwise. They rework some of the plot in the two halves of the show into some crazy stuff and both have amazing finales that really capture the heart of the show with movie budget levels of Gainax animation. Well worth the rewatch.

Man, the more I look at your list, the more it feels like you're me. Here are some more light-hearted shows that I've liked recently:

gdgd fairies (half-episodes)
Hi*sCoool SeHa Girls (definitely watch this if you grew up on Sega consoles)
Houkago no Pleiades
Wakaba*Girl (short)
Wakako-zake (short)
Jinsei
Witch Craft Works
Lovely*Complex
Dagashi Kashi
Galko-chan (short)
Ore ga Ojou-sama
Ore, Twintails
Majimoji Rurumo

These are just my preferences and some of these are "so bad, it's good" (like Ore ga Ojou-sama and Ore, Twintails), but definitely look them up and see if you might enjoy them.

You've already watched every really fantastic thing I'd want to suggest to someone. Feels like I haven't watched much when this is all I can suggest. You've watched too many good things.

And I'll suggest it again, since it's one of my absolute favorites, since you didn't mention it and it's not on your list, definitely give The Cat Returns a watch. It's such an enjoyable movie to watch.
>>
>>124981
Kemono no Suja Erin might be up your alley.
>>
I recommend K-On! so hard, I'm certain you'd love it.
>>
>>124996
Funny enough, I was waiting for the Pleiades BDs before I started watching it, but Hien hasn't updated in like five months. Just wondering between the OVA and series which do you like more or are they connected?
Is Twintails comparable to cross ange? Where by all rights should be terrible, but somehow it turns out to be pretty great in a lot of ways? It kind of just looks like "harem/ecchi symphogears"
Anyways thanks for the ideas, and I'll be sure to check out The Cat Returns since it's not the first time I've seen people half gush about it over the internet and a few others looked pretty promising like that one about the witch with the big hat and lovely complex, even if I've seen a few of them, thanks.

>>125003
Funny enough I planned to watch this at some point, but I think that was right before I fell into a mecha trap so I forgot about it, It probably won't be this month or next, but it's added to my notepad.txt

>>125008
I guess I should finally watch this at some point huh? Will it ever answer where thug posting mugi comes from?
>>
>>124961
>know for a fact that I want to see:
>Ideon/Be invoked, Shinsekai Yori, Turn A Gundam, Gundam Build Fighters, Cashern Sins, Durarara, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Princess tutu, Sakamichi no Apollons, Space Battleship Yamato 2199, Fafner Exodus S2, Aria S3, Magic Knight Rayearth.
You can come free the shit out of me anyday, anon.

>>124961
>definitely give The Cat Returns a watch. It's such an enjoyable movie to watch.
Cat returns is a semi-sequel to whisper of the heart; you should watch that first.
>>
>>125116

>Just wondering between the OVA and series which do you like more or are they connected?

If you mean the 4 episodes released a few years back, yes, they're like an immensely condensed and rushed version of the TV series. I watched them just before the start of the TV series and they were a mess. Thankfully, the TV series turned out fantastic though. Really loved it. Despite having both cute girls and Subaru sponsoring, it still managed to have a great cast of characters and interesting episodes.

I haven't fully watched Cross Ange, but I'd say yes. I watched the TV run and the animation at some points got so terrible that it just added to the entertainment. The premise is just ridiculous and the character actions makes it totally worth watching because the voice actors totally sell it.

Check out Ore ga Ojou-sama if you end up Ore, Twintails. They're both the same amount of ridiculous.

Also, I really like Majimoji mostly because it's about a cute witch. The main character can be really stupid at times, but it has its moments. Lovely*Complex also had its rough moments, but overall was a pretty nice romance story. It also gets extra points for changing up the main girl's hairstyle every episode or so.

>>125121

That's true, but I don't think it 100% requires Whisper of the Heart beforehand. Worth a watch though. It's got a nice feel-good nature to it that The Cat Returns also has.
>>
>>124961
Berserk,Trigun,Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Planetes, Utena, Outlaw Star, Patlabor, Neon Genesis Evangelion and then End of Evangelion

Also you should also watch cute girls doing cute things, helps when you are stressed out, maybe help out in your potential ptsd in military
Lucky Star, Hidamari Sketch, Milky Holmes, Non Non Biyori, Aria, Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka, kiniro mosaic, Girls und Panzer, K-On, Kill me baby
>>
>>125250
Sorry if some of those match your mal list, didnt read your whole post
>>
>>125250
I've seen all of the top shows minus berserk, but I read the Manga and I've heard the anime isn't as good, and LotGH, but I've got a feeling I wouldn't be able to fit 100+ episode show comfortably in the 150 or so days I have left along with everything else.
And I've seen about half of your CGDCT list. Thanks anyways you reminded me that I haven't seen Hidamari sketch though.
>>
>>125280
My favourite is Milky Holmes though
>>
Damn OP your taste is actually better than mine so I dunno if I should be recommending you anything considering all the garbage I watch. Still, I did the list compare thing on MAL and here's some stuff I noticed you were missing that I think you'll like:

TV/OVA:
Gin no Sagi
Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail (OVA series)
Hellsing Ultimate (OVA series)
Legend of the Galactic Heroes (OVA, movies)
K-On!
School Rumble
Trigun
Utawarerumono
Working!
Love Lab
Sore ga Seiyuu!
Great Teacher Onizuka
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Movies:
Steamboy
Porco Rosso (Ghibli)
Jin-Roh
>>
>>125121
>>125222
Cheers, I'll watch Whisper of the heart before the cat returns if that's the case since I'm a referencefag.

>>125320
I finished Comet Lucifer so I doubt my taste would be much better.
How does the Silver Spoon anime compare to the manga, as I've read it previously.
Other than that I guess I really need to pick up K-on before I go since it keeps on being brought up.
Is Underwater Ray Romano really that good? I remember it had a second season fairly recently but I didn't notice it in any of those shitposting AOTS threads.
Also that's like the third mention of steamboy, I guess I should definitely check it out then.
Also on a side note for working, how much screen time does that one really cute girl get, I think it's yamada or something, black hair, apparently she's the bunt of a good amount of jokes..

>>125291
>Milky Holmes
Doesn't that get really bad after a season or two, I always see /a/ bitching about it dropping in quality.
>>
>>125379

Comet Lucifer was a mistake. Somehow not as bad as some truly terrible shows though.

But Steamboy is a pretty fantastic movie. The animation is top notch and the three main characters and their different world views make it quite an interesting movie.
>>
>>125379
I watch tons of shitty ecchi and battle harem series so I have no right to judge anyone really.

>How does the Silver Spoon anime compare to the manga
It's pretty faithful, has a great OST too.

>Is Underwater Ray Romano really that good?
Aside from some very poorly aged CG it's quite an enjoyable ride. The first series is enjoyable as a stand-alone story and honestly the sequel isn't worth your time unless you absolutely need more of the setting.

> how much screen time does that one really cute girl get, I think it's yamada or something
She's introduced later in the series than most of the cast but she gets just as much focus as everybody else despite that. Some episodes she's just a side character or doesn't show up, others she's the center of the episode. Almost the entire cast of Working is pretty likable though, I thought I'd hate Mahiru but she actually grew on me.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (82 KB, 703x279) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
82 KB, 703x279
Anyways it looks like the thread might be in decline and all five of the roughly active members of /wsr/ have put in their ten cents, so I'll go ahead and post my .txt so far, I've tried to get a good spread, and this thread ended up reminding me of some shows I put off watching for whatever reason that I really should check out or revisit. If anyone wants to recommend me anything else feel free to, but this is mainly a catch all post for anyone who's given my ideas to watch so far, so thanks.

Saged for off topic blogging bullshit.
>>
>>125379
>Doesn't that get really bad after a season or two, I always see /a/ bitching about it dropping in quality.
Yeah it does.
But its just because season 1 and 2 were so good. The new people changed it from retard moe to serious, which isnt funny and left a bad taste in most people's mouth. Doesnt mean s1 and s2 arent masterpieces.
Also theres a new season coming soon with the same director who did s1 and s2
>>
>>125493

One more show that I was going to say, but forgot while thinking about other things, is Eden of the East. I watched it back in the day and have been meaning to rewatch it, but it was a pretty good Give it a go as well, if you'd like.

Hope you enjoy watching all that.
>>
>>124961
I'm probably way too late but anon, you'd love RahXephon.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 KB, 776x22) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 KB, 776x22
>>125580
I said I'd be monitoring the thread, I just have a thread watch up and most /wsr/ thread die by this point.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.