[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New & Exciting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1460906354439.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460906354439.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I have not found a good anime to watch in a long while. If I can easily access something good or if I'm overlooking something, is there anything you all would recommend? Looking at contemporary anime it all looks like bloody desu vampire garbage. Are netflix and crunchyroll even worth checking? And actually any older anime I might have missed I'd be interested in. I usually like big robot stuff
>>
they're still making gundams
>>
File: Aztec Gods of Fitness.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Aztec Gods of Fitness.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>>124402
>Looking at contemporary anime it all looks like bloody desu vampire garbage.
Vampire stuff can be cool. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has vampires, but they have a cool twist to them. Plus they're all fucking bad asses. Pic related. They quickly drop the vampire antagonists for a much more interesting type of antagonist though.
>Are netflix and crunchyroll even worth checking?
Netflix, no. Their anime roster is terrible. Its all AoT, SAO, and other normie garbage. Crunchy roll, yes but their subs are terrible. I recommend fansubs.
>And actually any older anime I might have missed I'd be interested in. I usually like big robot stuff
Evangelion, if you haven't already. Considered one of the best anime ever made

If you do decide to watch this, watch it in this order
>TV Series
>End of Evangelion (movie they made after the backlash they got from the original ending, which sucked)
>Rebuild of Evangelion
Rebuild is literally the series, compressed into 3 movies (so far). There are some changes that makes it worth watching. but only AFTER the first two. They're not done yet. They just released 3.33 (the third movie)

Basically, my big recomendations for you are JoJo and Evangelion

If you decide to watch JoJo, download fansubbed episodes from some-stuffs. They resub the episodes since crunchyroll had to butcher the subs due to copyright concerns (all the characters are named after songs/bands).
>>
>>124616
>uses normie garbage as a term
>recommends jojo's bizarre adventure and evangelion

You're pathetic
>>
>>124616
For "normie" material, AoT was actually pretty good. You shouldn't deny yourself like that.
>>
>>124402
Have you seen Bokurano? It's a bit old (2007) now but it has a dramatic premise.
>>
>>124402
>Looking at contemporary anime it all looks like bloody desu vampire garbage
watch more seasonal. this season is great. you'd probably like bnha/re;zero
>netflix and crunchyroll
streaming is shit tier 110% of the time
>big robot
watch giant gorg/macross/gundam/mazinger
>>
The only big robot anime I know is Code Geass.
Pretty good
>>
>>124402
This exists:

http://imgur.com/a/UYySK
>>
File: aqua.png (364 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
aqua.png
364 KB, 500x531
>>124402
Mayoiga is currently airing and is unintentionally hilarious
Konosuba is a great satire of the overused "main character is sent to a fantasy world and is overpowered" and is extremely comfy. Although it's only ten episodes, it has another season that is coming.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is great, and my personal favorite part out of all of them is airing right now.
In terms of old big robots, Code Geass and NGE are classics, although I would guess you have seen them before.
Osomatsu-San is also hilarious, and has another season coming up sometime in the near future
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.