[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miicrosoft hardware
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
I'm still on my original xbone controller after 2 years and the left analog is starting to go I think. It rarely has full sensitivity when pushed all the way to the right, but has close to full when pushed above or below the furthest point to the right. I can press it in to trigger the Left Stick Button, I can get full sensitivity, but its still not 100% of the time. Is this repairable and/or avoidable if I get a new one? I'm sure it has to be from general wear and tear as I've not blatantly damaged it.
>>
>>145191
It's just wear.

Bin it and get an Elite Controller.
>>
>>145193
what difference would/does the Elite have that would cancel this problem out in the future?

isnt it possible to just buy the separate piece and drop the new one in?

what about a custom controller from say Controller Chaos?
>>
>>145197
>what difference would/does the Elite have that would cancel this problem out in the future?
It's built way better. The part's not going to wear out like in the budget controller.

>isnt it possible to just buy the separate piece and drop the new one in?
If by 'drop' you mean 'solder', then sure, but you still wouldn't have an elite controller

>what about a custom controller from say Controller Chaos?
They literally charge you $70 to stick a $3 Arduino in a standard controller.
>>
>>145198
ok, thanks. do you have any hands on experience with the elite? a friend of mine has one and it changed how he sounds over the headset. Is this a consistency? Because he used to be normal volume, but ever since he's been waaay louder and people bitch about not being able to hear me very easily most times, just wondering if this is general improvement of sorts or if is isolated to his particular headset.
>>
>>145201
It's probably his headset. I've never heard of that problem, but if his headset jack was slowly breaking and he replaced it with one that worked, that would explain it. There are a few settings in the left-hand burger-menu thing about the mic, but in general it's supposed to find the correct level itself.

Perhaps your pad needs a firmware update? Launch the Xbox Accessories app, and it'll update it if it needs it.

>do you have any hands on experience with the elite?
Things I can tell you about the Elite:
- it makes the regular controller feel like a pile of plasticky crap
- using a regular controller or (god forbid) a 360 controller makes me miss the rear-bumpers almost immediately
- taking the time to customise the pad made my KD better. The lego parts aren't just for show.
>>
>>145204
dimensions are the same minus the "lego bits"(if connected) right?
>>
>>145206
Yeah. It's heavier, though, because all the bits that would wear are made of metal not plastic.
>>
alright then, cool. thanks again.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.