[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey all, I'm turning 29 in a few days and i'm really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Itami Zouji.jpg (25 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
Itami Zouji.jpg
25 KB, 225x350
Hey all,

I'm turning 29 in a few days and i'm really bummed out.

Can anyone recommend me an anime with a slightly older (25+) main character? GATE's protagonist was like this, and that was pretty rad. Ideally something where the main character is a beta loser but somehow finds his calling.
>>
>>122868
i want an anime along these lines too
>>
>>122868
Seeing as you've watched regular gate, you now have to watch Steins; gate.
>>
File: 1440708308191.jpg (685 KB, 2244x1600) Image search: [Google]
1440708308191.jpg
685 KB, 2244x1600
S&W
>>
File: bekfest.jpg (24 KB, 600x488) Image search: [Google]
bekfest.jpg
24 KB, 600x488
>>122882

instead of you writing "S&W", how about you stop beeing a retard and post the whole name? People on this board make rec threads because they dont know that many anime in the first place.
not OP btw.
>>
>>122881

OP here :) I've seen Steins; gate -- it was pretty good, although I found it on one of those top-10 list things so I guess i was expecting a little more, but still, it was good enough to watch through to the very end. I have no idea what S&W is, but i guess i can figure it out from the image :)
>>
>>122892

Found it! :)
https://kissanime.to/Anime/Spice-and-Wolf
>>
>>122892
I did a reverse image search, its Spice and Wolf
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 1280x720
>>122889
Not >>122882, but how about no.
>>
>>122892
From the picture it looks like Spice and Wolf.
>>
>>122893
>>122895

i hate getting snip-

btw op, have you seen NHK ni Youkoso?
Its not really a "beta becomes alpha" kind of show, but still bretty gud
>>
>>122868
Well what was bothering me about this serie is that he was super succesfull and had an interrested life, but just wanted to watch anime.
And all the weebs be like.
> thats so totally me.
While in reality they're the opposite. Still enjoyed the show though.

First thing that I thought of: If you want to watch an anime about a real loser who has skill and tries to survive, I would advice:
> Kaiji

You've probably already seen this but, a comedy about a hero who is too strong.
> One punch man
Pretty similar in some ways.

My favourite anime of all time.
> Berserk

These all are kind of heavier, but are in some ways similar and all have older main characters
>>
>>122901

Heheh, sorry about that - the captcha makes that all too common :(

I haven't, but Wikipedia says it's pretty awesome, so i'll check that one out too. To be honest, i'm not totally tied to a beta-becomes-alpha idea, but meh, getting old sucks and a little hope going into my last year of being a 20-something would be nice.

To many things I wish i'd had done, and too many late nights at the office I wish I'd skipped.
>>
File: Planetes.jpg (60 KB, 356x497) Image search: [Google]
Planetes.jpg
60 KB, 356x497
>>122875
>>122868
Otaku no video (2 OVAs about the creators of Gainax + real live footage about otaku's during their daily jobs)

couple of others i really liked

Shigurui
Planetes
Ninja Scroll
Genshiken
Welcome to the NHK

>https://archive.nyafuu.org/wsr/thread/95117/
>>
>>122868
Rakugo is fantastic, Mouryou no Hako is up there too, but it's pretty slow paced. I'm pretty sure the guys in Macross Plus are mid twenties or so. Also Dia-Guard has a 25 year old protagonist.
>>
>>122907

To be honest, that's why I liked it, because I can relate more to that than you're average Harem guy who is idolized for no good reason. I've been studying for my PhD for the last 4 years and i'm finally almost done. I've been doing research since I was 20 simply because my parent's have pushed me and pushed me, and so here I am - every decision i've made was something for them. Now i'm 28, turning 29, and I can't point to a single thing in my life that was for me. So what I really need is a little escapism to hold off the impending mid-life-crisis I suppose :P
>>
>>122912
>>122913

Thanks guys that's a really awesome list!! Really appreciate it :)
>>
>>122915
Thats really admirable, tbqh If I worked that long I probably would just take half a year of, fuck sluts, do drugs, party and travel.
That's really cool that you just want to compensate all that with just weebing for a while.
>>
Check out Real Drive, maybe. This guy gets in an accident when he's in his late 20's and spends the next 50 years in a coma. All the fat teenage girls you see in the OP are basically live-in nurse trainees, and the series is mostly about this guy getting his life back with the help of his own nurse.
>>
I just turned 30 and I didn't even get my wizard powers because a succubus stole them when I was 19. So don't talk to me about bummed out.

Kaiji was pretty good.
>>
>>122947

That sucks :/
>>
>>122868
But anon, what's the difference between a random pubescent and GATE's MC?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.