[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Might as well try here and see if it works before I go bug the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_0303.jpg (269 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0303.jpg
269 KB, 1200x900
Might as well try here and see if it works before I go bug the crap outta /g/.

My cousin burned this TV out yesterday, and instead of just having it repaired, he bought a new one. He said if I could get this to work, I could have it. It's got a constant gray screen when turned on.
>>
File: IMG_0304.jpg (202 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0304.jpg
202 KB, 1200x900
Took off the back, this was inside.
>>
File: IMG_0308.jpg (221 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0308.jpg
221 KB, 1200x900
Only thing I could immediately spot that seemed off was on the upper left board. But I have no clue if this could actually be what it is.
>>
File: IMG_0309.jpg (281 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0309.jpg
281 KB, 900x1200
Seems both capacitors on that board look like that
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>122719
>>122708
Yeah, those through-hole solder joints are positively rife with soldering flux.

Maybe it leaked out of the capacitors.
>>
I suppose it could work again if you can solder a new "Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitor" of 10x16mm 100µF and at least 100V, and another one 330µF of at least 35V.
You should watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCSNWi3UHf4
It seems to be a common problem.
>>
>>122719
>>122708
yeah i doubt thats the problem since that the board for the backlight which is turning on (why you see a grey screen). the problem is probably on the main control board (the lcd isn't getting activated) or part of the power supply that feeds the main board.
>>
>>122722
Alright, off to the store to get some wick and those capacitors. Wish me luck anons.
>>
>>122743
Well, glad to see this before I left. Care to explain further?
>>
>>122745
good luck anon, come back with results
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.