[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wsr/ can anyone help me get a network card inside my awkward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: DSC_0009[1].jpg (2 MB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0009[1].jpg
2 MB, 3104x1746
/wsr/ can anyone help me get a network card inside my awkward as fuck PC. Below is a picture of my PC. Currently I'm using a USB wifi adapter for me internet and it keeps crashing when I'm downloading shit and I'm very fucking fed up. My GPU has 2 massive fans blocking my only available PCI slot so I need some creative answers here. Other than a new motherboard, is there a way for me to somehow use adapters to plug in a network card. I have various slots free and an interesting connection on my GPU that might help, anythings appreicated as I've been trying to get around the Wifi problem for 3 years now and this is what it's boiled down too

Also, it's a mess because the glass on my old case broke, I'm waiting for my new one .
>>
post a pic of what's underneath your video card? That's a micro atx motherboard?
>>
Get a PCI extension ribbon cable.
>>
File: DSC_0005[1].jpg (2 MB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0005[1].jpg
2 MB, 3104x1746
>>122629
>>122637

I wish that Ribbon was an option, sadly the card was bought massively out of impulse and a surplus of disposable income and it's too big to fit an adapter like that under
>>
>>122649

You might be screwed bro. How long you had the PC? I recently went through a bunch of shit trying to get my USB wifi adapter to stay connected because it (still) keeps dropping when I do multiple heavy internet shit at once. Now I just limit it to a single download at a time while I do light browsing and it stays stable. have you tried that?
>>
>>122649
You sure there isn't even 1cm of clearance above that PCI slot?
>>
>>122657

About 5 years from the original, most of it's been changed except the motherboard which would be next on the upgrade list, just seems like a waste considering it still works. Yeah I tried that a few years ago and it worked but now I crash even just having a skype call. What about that odd connection on my GPU. Could that help in anyway, seems like it would take an adapter to save space?
>>
>>122658

Nah, it's comepletely blocked sadly
>>
>>122660

I think you're talking about the SLI connection slot thing. Your motherboard doesn't have a LAN port?
>>
>>122663

Yeah, it probably does, although It's a shared router.
>>
>>122665

You want to replace your wireless USB adapter with a PCI wireless adapter?
>>
>>122666

Thats an option yeah. It's disconnecting an I've been seaching for a solution for ages and the only thing I've found is get an alternate connector. So, anything that will let me connect to the Wifi at a decent connection that isn't a Wifi adapter.
>>
>>122663

What would be my options if I decided to go down the LAN route?
>>
You have various options, depending on your budget.
1) Get a slimmer video card and a network card.
2) Get a router like the TP-LINK MR3020, who can be used via LAN and let you connect to your WiFi network.
3) Remove the GPU, use your integrated GPU and install the network card.
4) Find a mPCIe slot (if your motherboard has got one) and use a laptop card (very unlikely)
5) Try using less USB peripherals at the same time, also changing the wireless adapter port to see if anything changes.
By the way, have a look at the tension values, if the 5V is higher than 5,2 or lower than 4,8 maybe you should remove some USB peripherals or maybe change the PSU.
You should also post your motherboard model, it should help us a bit
Let us know.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.