[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS3 Controller on PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: slowly loosing my mind.png (218 KB, 1856x785) Image search: [Google]
slowly loosing my mind.png
218 KB, 1856x785
Hello, /wsr/

I am trying, since about 6 hours now to get my PS3 wireless controller working. My 360 controller broke a week ago and the PS3 controller is the only one left. The problem is, it won't charge/connect properly.

When I first connected it via USB cable to my PC, a default driver installed and Win 8.1 recognized it as PS3 controller. I also have Input Mapper downloaded to use to controller since it normally doesn't work at for games and stuff. It does show up as connected in the program, but when I want to test it, nothing happens, it stays at 0% charge and the the latency thingy on the right is just blank.
Also trying to test/calibrate it within the device manager in windows doesn't do anything either. The 4 LEDs on the controller just keep blinking and won't stay completely on.
I did disable USB selective suspense. In the power plan settings and even for the controller in regedit.exe itself. But nothing works.

I just wan't to play my damn emulator, nothing more. But it's a pain in the ass with mouse and keyboard.

Please, someone help.
>>
>>122532
Forgot to mention the warning in the log about the bluetooth drivers being outdated doesn't make much sense since it's via USB, plus the main problem is the controller not charging/failing input.
>>
>>122532
You have a Bluetooth 2 dongle, and it needs Bluetooth 3.

AIUI, it can use USB to charge and to pair, but actual communication always uses Bluetooth.
>>
>>122537
Ohh.. so it won't work with cable only?
Welp, that's a disappointment. So I need a BT dongle. At least I know the fix now and have to buy that adapter. After 6 hours of wondering how to fix it, it's nice to finally know the solution. Thanks for the quick reply mate.
>>
>>122532
Better ds3 works for me although only through usb. As >>122537 says you need a bluetooth dongle.
>>
>>122542
Alright.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.