[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memory Management Error
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: shutterstock_133277192 (1).jpg (5 MB, 3775x2500) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_133277192 (1).jpg
5 MB, 3775x2500
I have a 2 gig stick of ram and a 4 gig stick. The 4 gig keeps giving me a memory management error (BSoD) when it's hooked in. Is there a way to fix this or should I just replace my ram? I current;y have the 4 gig out (for obvious reasons) and only the 2 gig in. My PC is so much slower without the 4 gig.
>>
>>122327
well if you want to make sure its faulty you can run a memory test, this is one of the best.

http://www.memtest86.com/

or just the standard windows mem test

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff700221.aspx
>>
Use memtest86, if you see any errors remove the faulty RAM. If you don't want to trash it, try to test it on another PC and see if the errors are still present.
>>
>>122327
>try the 4GB stick in different RAM slots
If that fails
>Download and use memtest86
If that gives the same error in different slots, It's probz the RAM. If its different, you might consider trying a different pc as well, as it might be the motherboard (I doubt it)
If all fails,
>trash it
There is no saving it.
>>
"gig" is not a unit of measurement

if you are talking about gigabytes, the abbreviation is "GB"
>>
>>123337
Not OP but, thanks captain obvious.
also, nice cont.
>>
did you try just the 4GB alone or always with the 2GB

check your RAM settings (timing, frequency) in BIOS/EFI

some chinese bootleg RAM will not set itself up correctly (i.e. try to go faster than it can, and crash)
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.