[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey people. I've got a 12 years old brother and this little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1448747106917.jpg (6 KB, 261x163) Image search: [Google]
1448747106917.jpg
6 KB, 261x163
Hey people.

I've got a 12 years old brother and this little guy wants to have a 2-people lan-party with me.
Problem: I have absolutely no clue what we could play. He is semi-autistic and get's frustrated very quick, so combat games or things like that are no option.
His favorite games are minecraft (what else), city:skylines and so on. He also likes portal (because he loves technology) and this is the only co-op game we can play so far.
Another game we played the other day is trackmania. Like he built crazy tracks and I drove them.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to make my brother happy. ;(
>>
Like every single person on their own computer at a seperate station?. I think emulators can play online. I've never done it. Maybe you can look up whether or not to play Mario Kart or something over the internet?
>>
citiies sky line even i want to play it /$@d

/ try scrap mechanic
>>
>>121750
On our own computer but in the same room. I've got Mario Kart for console, so I don't have to play it on an emulator. Anyway, emulators could be an option.
>>
>>121746
is your brother into fantasy games? idk how the later D&D based games were, but ones like baldur's gate and neverwinter nights, while they did have a lot of combat, could also be paused at any time even in multiplayer mode. I have a bit of the autism myself and I found that feature very reassuring. so if shit was happening too fast, I could pause it and figure out what to do. it also allowed you to set up actions for the next few melee rounds while paused. so if he has trouble thinking on his feet, that would help too.

and they were good games. it might take a bit of effort to get it to work right with lan, I think we had to use gameranger or something. but it worked and was worth the extra futzing.
>>
Castle Crashers is a fun one to play aside from the small vs mode after every level to win the princess it's mostly coop and it's usually fun for kids as long as you're skilled enough to help beat the levels.

Mercenary Kings is another decent coop game like Metal Slug

Battleblock Theater is nice you can create levels and the whole game is just jokes and fun all the way through you can kill each other in funny ways but the game is designed around working together to complete puzzles and as long as you play on an easier mode there's no downside to dying. My little 8 year old cousin loves it and he hates losing.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse could be a fun one to play but i dunno really it's not really a fighting vs game it's more about coop missions but all i can say is check it out maybe.

Dungeon Defenders is a glorious coop game, Tower defense game where you build defenses between waves of enemies and try to protect the crystal or crystals in later levels. You can fight with your character and collect armor and weapons it's a sure buy for people that like coop.

Dungeon defenders 2 isn't as good but it's free to play so knock yourself out.

If memory serves me right Robotron had an interesting coop feature where 1 player controlled the character and the other used the gun.

Starcraft and Starcraft 2 are both nice coop games but they're quite challenging so maybe don't bring it in until you get good enough to beat the levels yourself that way you can defend him while he builds and then you can both gloriously march out and wipe out the AI enemies together.

Most of the lego games are coop but my suggestion is Lego Marvel Avengers it's so damn good.

That's all i can think of right now, These are all games i played with my 8 year old cousin and he enjoyed most of them.
>>
>>121746
you could try Age of Empires 2
i used to play that with my brother a lot when we wuz kids n shiet
>>
>>122006
If you do this be sure to play on same teams

Diablo 2/3(torchlight??) aren't very frustrating games and are fun coop.
If I had any friends I would love to play civ 5 with them.
Also terraria is a game 12 year olds like.

hope you have a fun night with your brother OP.
>>
I always play Crash Team Racing with my younger cousin. It's actually incredible balanced even if you're a pro because if your not in 1st place you have a higher chance of getting good offensive pickups.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.