[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people know if a picture is from tumblr or reddit? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1458326827903.jpg (52 KB, 398x600) Image search: [Google]
1458326827903.jpg
52 KB, 398x600
How do people know if a picture is from tumblr or reddit?

Is there a way to hide it?
>>
Either filename, the image comes from imgur, or the tumblr filter that makes everything slightly redder. Honestly you need to lurk more if you weren't able to tell that already.
>>
>>121596
>Is there a way to hide it

no, this is one of the reasons why you lurk for 2 years before posting so that you can build your own image library.
>>
>>121598

I can tell by looks too
>filename
I got that
>tumblr filter
I got that
>comes from imgur
I know that

The issue is that even those that do not have any of these are claimed to be from tumblr. I was thinking if those images had some sort of resolution, or size.

This thread is a perfect example of what I mean:

>>>/c/2660577

Aside from the .gif with filename tori 989 I can't see anything from tumblr.
>>
>>121604
Maybe they're referring to the art style, not the file itself.
>>
>>121604

>>>/c/2660577 this post's pic name for example
>>
>>121609

Looks like a reference to the show's season and episode, and the time it was shot to me.
>>
>>121596
Images from tumblr usually have

A filter applied
Are saved in a strange resolution
A watermark
And are generally extremely low quality

If you change the filename anyone who pays attention will still notice.
>>
>>121612
sorry I meant
boards.4chan.org/c/thread/2660577#p2662204
>File: tumblr_nxla00CiL21u9t32jo(...).png
>>
>>121620
Yeah, duh.
No mean to be rude but I'm not that stupid.
>>
>>121625
Also tumblr gifs are always under a real stupid file size, something like 500kb or something, so any extremely small gifs can be assumed to be from tumblr, because there is no reason to use a fucking <1 MB gif on 4chan when you can just as easily get a 4MB webm.
>>
>>121596
To be fair: A few Japanese artists post on Tumblr first and then Pixiv (the main place for weeb images). Not that many, though.

>>121619
They're very obvious, and it's baffling why they have that ugly tint to them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.