[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good mecha anime from 2000-onwards? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 00_raiser_by_longai-d7lrfok.jpg (76 KB, 1000x647) Image search: [Google]
00_raiser_by_longai-d7lrfok.jpg
76 KB, 1000x647
What are some good mecha anime from 2000-onwards?

I've already watched Zoids, Gundam (Wing to IBO), Macross and Muv-luv
I can't really stand watching mecha from 90's, I don't know why
>>
eureka seven and valvrave the liberator were alright.

E7 was early to mid 2000's young dude on a journey of self discovery with robots and valvrave was 2012ish kids rebellion Fuck yalls space colony we'll make our own space colony with blackjack and hookers with a side dish of edgy rape.
>>
I know i'll get hate for this, but try geass. I liked it. Its fun and silly, but its still pretty good overall

You could also try bokurano. Its more about the character stories than it is about robots, but the setting and frame story is all about robot battles
>>
>>120982
>Gundam (Wing to IBO
Gross
Watch Fafner, the first season is a bit hit and miss, but the OVA, Movie, and second season are literally fantastic.
Gundam Thunderbolt just finished and it's pretty good.
Diebuster was pretty ok, although if you haven't seen gunbuster the ending (which is it's best part) will be completely lost on you.
If you read Getter Robo the OVAs made in 2000s were pretty good.
You really should give 90s mecha a try though, things like GaoGaiGar, and Turn A gundam are really good.
>>
>>120982
Majestic Prince
>>
Aldnoah zero was ok as long as you stop watching around episode 5 or so.
>>
File: Code Geass - Good Translator.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Code Geass - Good Translator.png
1 MB, 1440x900
>>121051

Despite the hate it gets, I agree on recommending Code Geass. It's a really fun show to watch.

In that same vein, I'll say watch Gurren Lagann. Another incredibly fun mecha show to watch that celebrates its love for mecha with gorgeous animation and larger than life, ever upgrading robots.

They're right on the edge of the 2000 line, but I'll recommend Evangelion and Big O since they're pretty interesting experiences.

Sadly, most other mecha that I can think of were mediocre or terrible (Captain Earth, Comet Lucifer, Aldnoah Zero, Nobunaga the Fool, Code Geass: Akito) and I haven't watched the other classics like Full Metal Panic and Escaflowne.
>>
Full Metal Panic is good. Finished the third season two days ago.

Rahxephon is one I just started working on. Shows promise, and it's quite popular too, so I think you can start watching that too.

Do you know what's the problem with 90s mecha? >>121638 recommended Escaflowne (watch the tv series, not the movie), which is from the 90s, however it's really unusual for mecha, not so much of that military stuff so maybe you'll like it.

I don't watch very much mecha myself, so not that many suggestions.

Bokurano is another one, but it has very little focus on the robots and more on the characters. If you like manga too most people will recommend reading that instead, but even the anime is worthwhile if the manga is not an option. Also, one of the best and most well known openings of all time.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is also a really popular mecha anime.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.