[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with taking a test
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 268x188
I'm taking my ASVAB in about 30 days, does anyone have any tips on how to get better at math and word problems? Any study tips that can help me prepare for the test better?
>>
What did your recruiter tell you?
>>
>>120975
He told me to use this site called Khan Academy and he gave me ASVAB for Dummies 2015/2016 Version to read. I scored a 55 on my practice at the recruiting office but I feel like I can do WAY BETTER.
>>
Hmmm, keep studying I suppose. I really don't know how and didn't pay attention to shit when I took mine.
>>
>>120974
>how to get better at maths
Study maths, you dense fuck.
>>
>>120981
No shit bud I'm asking for advice you can give to someone who really suck at math to be more clear I'm talking about equations and algebra type stuff. Better ways to study it etc etc that's all don't need to be a dick about it.
>>
>>120983

I think the world is fucking people over by calling it math. If you suck at it, you're probably making it more than it is and trying to bite off more than you can chew when you solve problems. Every equation or problem has a method of being solved. You need to KNOW exactly what those methods are and remember them for the problems you run into so you can do them proficiently. Give an example of a math problem you suck at and why you can't handle it and maybe we can explain what you're doing wrong. I wouldn't give you an answer but I would tell you where to start and why you screwed up by not starting there.
>>
>>120983

Honestly I have no idea how well this will work for you but for multiple choice math questions (and multiple choice questions in general) I always just bullshitted my way to an answer then made an educated guess based on what I got and what the 4 answers provided were.

It honestly worked better for me than it should have on multiple choice test questions and the asvab is multiple choice.

tl;dr

http://www.businessinsider.com/4-ways-to-outsmart-any-multiple-choice-test-2015-6
>>
>>120986
I'm very bad with shit like 2x+3x=5 stuff similar to that. Every time I see things like that I get discourage and I start to linger on the problem for to long.
>>120987
I'll check out the link thank you.
>>
>>120997

Take it with a grain of salt.

Multiple choice tests are undoubtedly the easiest to bullshit your way through but you'd still do far FAR better by learning the material.
>>
>>120997

> 2x+3x=5

The good news is that with the internet you can find tutorials on that shit in minutes as opposed to back in the day where you needed to buy a book or find someone to teach you.

The bad news is that just like anything else there is no quick shortcut to you knowing EVERYTHING. You need to learn little by little over time and that's probably why kids need to pay more attention in school nowadays. Pick the most basic shit because all the advanced stuff is composed of basic stuff usually. I would look up some elementary school shit and start from there if you're really that bad at math.
>>
>>120997

Expanding on what >>120987 said for multiple choice math questions.

2x+3x=5

Answers given are 1 4 8 and 3. Plug all the answers in to X to see which equals 5. Multiple choice math questions answer themselves.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.