[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some decent free video editing programs? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Lightworks-1200-80.jpg (105 KB, 1029x578) Image search: [Google]
Lightworks-1200-80.jpg
105 KB, 1029x578
What are some decent free video editing programs? I don't think what I'm going to need will be terribly complicated, but Windows Movie Maker seems insufficient.
>>
>>119300
What's your definition of free?
https://kat.cr/usearch/sony%20vegas%20pro%2013/
>>
>>119318
Available through legitimate means without an exchange of currency. I prefer not to pirate, especially things that are currently being sold in stores.
>>
>>119319
Why?
>>
>>119320
I consider it immoral for me to acquire access to a product without payment when those holding the rights to sell said product expect it.
>>
>>119300
Which features do you need?
>>
>>119322
I'm not sure exactly. What I want to do is more or less create a stop motion movie using sprites (as in computer graphics, not the soda), so I need to be able to paste in the sprites into the background footage and grab and move them, and anything that would automatically allow me to alternate between two sprites in the same place frame to frame would be good (for example, having two mid run sprites and being able to automatically alternate so it makes a simple run animation).
>>
>>119326
Flash
>>
>>119300
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=open+source+video+editor
>>
>>119326
tried spriter?
>>
>>119326
try Avidemux
>>
>>119321
do you know most propietary software's offer a 30 days free trials/free demos?
>>
There is a free version of Lightworks (professional video editing software used for some Hollywood films), but the export options are severely limited.

If we're talking feature rich non-linear video editing that is true open source you're pretty much down to one single option: Blender. Yes, the 3D modelling software. It has a component called Video Sequence Editor built in. For someone starting out, it's horribly counter-intuitive to use, but you get used to it (i did at least and it's not like commercial software is any easier to get into). Jump straight to YouTube tutorials though. Chances are, you won't even be able to open the VST after installing Blender without help.

But it is very potent and capable. Look up the Blender movies on YouTube - the Blender Foundation periodically releases open source movies made completely in Blender (which is why the VST was added to the modelling software) and it's pretty fucking impressive what you can do with the VST.
>>
>>119404
*VSE
>>
>>119337
This sounds like it has what I need, if not I'll give
>>119344
and
>>119404
a try, thanks guys.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.