[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a problem. I have tried everything I can think of. When
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: computers2.jpg (355 KB, 1000x696) Image search: [Google]
computers2.jpg
355 KB, 1000x696
I have a problem. I have tried everything I can think of. When I turn my computer off, it often will not turn back on unless I switch the power to "off" and wait a while. This started when I replaced a CPU. The problem got worse and worse. One day my computer finally didn't turn back on. After some reading I thought it was the MoBo. So I replaced it. Then the CPU. Then the RAM. Then the video card. At the end I replaced my PSU and at long last it started working. That was a month or two ago. Now, it's happening again. It, again, got to the point where it will not turn on. Why is this happening? How do I fix it?
>>
check connections/make sure you have the right power supply try upgrading that/check for dust/if that doednt work take it to repair shop
>>
>>118848
I don't just want to get it fixed. I am 90% sure its the PSU. I want to stop this from happening again. I do have a UPS.
>>
>>118844
Also, when the computer shut down the monitor in power saving mode it would cause a crash. The only way I could fix it was by unplugging/switching off the PSU. It would sometimes remember that I pressed the power button and turn on as soon as I plugged the PSU back in.
>>
you sure the psu is large enough to handle all the boards and drives you're putting in the machine. you might need to get a higher wattage psu.
>>
>>118870
I am sure, according to the recommendations provided by the manufactures. PSU is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438036. Others have suggested the UPS as the issue.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.