[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been trying to unlock my iPod touch 4gen for 3 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9
File: 15566546.jpg (44 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
15566546.jpg
44 KB, 604x340
I've been trying to unlock my iPod touch 4gen for 3 years now, and kept giving up. I just can't remember the password (it's alphanumeric sadly, not 4-digit)

>inb4 put it on restore mode and plug into iTunes
iTunes doesn't register my iPod on it for some reason. Even my PC won't register the USB to begin with, although it does charge my iPod (wtf?)

Really clueless... I just want to unlock the damn thing for once and be done with it. Help and salvation greatly appreciated anons
>>
Any idea what iOS version it's running?
>>
>>118813
>>
>>118804
So long as you know the password to the apple id it's registered with, you just need to put it in DFU mode, wipe and restore it.

If you don't, you are SOL, because that's the entire point of an antitheft password.
>>
>>118804
>iTunes doesn't register my iPod on it for some reason. Even my PC won't register the USB to begin with, although it does charge my iPod (wtf?)
iDevices won't sync unless you unlock them (which unlocks the keys it needs to access its own encrypted SSD), then press "trust this computer".

Without the password, nothing can access the user partition, including the iPod itself.
>>
File: 1459683204314.jpg (57 KB, 657x720) Image search: [Google]
1459683204314.jpg
57 KB, 657x720
>>118841
>>118840

Then I'm stuck in a loop I can't untie?
Please say no
>>
File: image.jpg (232 KB, 866x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232 KB, 866x750
>>118852
There's no reason you wouldn't know your own Apple ID password (which is not the same thing as the device's lockscreen password).

The only reason you wouldn't know a device's Apple ID password is if you stole it.

But yes, if for some reason you locked the device to an account you don't know the password to, your only options are to take it to an Apple store where they can verify your identity and reset the account password, to use it as a paperweight, or to give it back to whoever you stole it from.
>>
File: 1459482800387.png (70 KB, 243x200) Image search: [Google]
1459482800387.png
70 KB, 243x200
>>118854
ok, I didn't steal it. Why did you go as far as creating an infographic? If I stole it I would just sell it as is. There's no reason for me to bother with unlocking it.

Fuck, even if I were to steal it I would still expect help from anyone who isn't a moralfag.

Anyways, I do know my Apple ID password, I don't know my DEVICE password. Should I clarify the differences of these to you, seeing as you are a professional on these things?

I know the password to my account. What do I do from here?
>>
>>118840
Thing is brother I do know the apple id pass. Putting it on DFU mode and connecting it with a usb to my pc makes absolutely NOTHING pop on iTunes. :/
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 540x960
>>118868
You're the one with problems reading/understanding.

If you *do* know the id password and *don't* know the device password, then just DFU it, wipe and restore, entering the *id* password during setup.

As. stated. above.
>>
>>118869
Then you've not put it in DFU mode properly.
>>
>>118877
>>118875
alright bros, then please kindly tutor me on how to DFU properly. I've held the buttons as best as I know until I had the connecto itunes picture showing on my device. Then I've proceeded to connect it to me PC via cable, to which iTunes didn't give a shit and simply ignored me
>>
>>118879
Proper DFU mode has no "connect to iTunes" picture.

You done fucked up.
>>
File: 4757457.gif (149 KB, 1260x490) Image search: [Google]
4757457.gif
149 KB, 1260x490
>>119182
how do I DFU properly then
>>
>>119365
https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

>Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
>Turn off the device.
>Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
>Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
>Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
>After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.

Or watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuXaa9mxKZE
>>
File: 456456.gif (3 KB, 37x94) Image search: [Google]
456456.gif
3 KB, 37x94
>>119451
I did what the guy in the video said, literally did everything he did in the same time intervals. I got black screen but iTunes doesn't detect shit.
>>
>>119532
Broken:
- Apple Mobile Device driver
- dock connector
- usb lead
>>
>>118868
>Fuck, even if I were to steal it I would still expect help from anyone who isn't a moralfag.
Not that guy but you'd never get help, hence the infographic. 4chan seems to really dislike iThings being stolen.
>>
>>119578
It's just facts.

iOS antitheft is unbreakable. There's no weird trick that'll get around it.

Were you thinking that the FBI had to take Apple to the supreme court to try to get them to help, but all you needed to do was run hackmyiphone.exe?
>>
>>119583
>iOS antitheft is unbreakable.
That's pushing it, nothing is unbreakable. There are no currently known exploitable vulnerabilities though and that's unlikely to change any time soon with the updates.

Even before the "unbreakable" anti theft system, the reaction on /g/ was "give it back Tyrone", the anti theft has just given them a non moral reason.
>>
File: 475674567.gif (370 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
475674567.gif
370 KB, 500x290
>>119539
Dock deff not broken
I doubt the lead is broken because I tried two of them and neither worked
I trying reinstalling apple mobile device drivers

>>119583
In that case even a bypass of the retarded "FON LACKED 5EVER HOURS" would be good. I want to try more than 3 of my old passwords before my phone locks itself for a fucking hour

>>119583
At this point I'd gladly let some faggot steal my shit if he can crack it open. At least one of us will make good use of these 100 grams of electronics
>>
>>118868
>Why did you go as far as creating an infographic
>>
>>120158
>even a bypass of the retarded "FON LACKED 5EVER HOURS" would be good.
Yeah, but there isn't one.

It's not the phone's UI doing this, it's the secure enclave forbidding the phone from trying passwords too quickly.

This is the specific thing the FBI sued Apple over.
>>
I got an ipod 2g running on 4.2.1 and I'm using ispirit to view the files inside without even having to unlock. Idk about the newer versions but if it's jailbroken I'm pretty sure there's a way to view the files inside.
>>
>>120692
forgot to add, it might take a while for the computer to recognize the ipod(~5 mins) even though it's charging
>>
>>118804
Try getting it unlocked at an apple store, they did it for me.
That, or give back the phone, Tyrone.
>>
>>118868

Unless you unwisely told a friend or acquaintance you could figure out how to unlock it on your own.
>>
>>120990
No applestores here
>>
>>120696
>recognize
and what if this computer never had the iPod connected to it before? This PC is new, my old one is somewhere in a pile of scrap metal in India by now
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.