[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright so last night I made a post about how my Geforce Gtx
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 14-500-371-TS[1].jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14-500-371-TS[1].jpg
53 KB, 640x480
Alright so last night I made a post about how my Geforce Gtx 960 would not allow my computer to post and would stall with just the fans and hard-drives running like normal. I was told to disable the integrated graphics which worked for that night but now I'm back with the same problem and the integrated graphics is still disabled. I have a M5a78l-M\usb3 Motherboard and I use the Pci-e slot *obviously* I know the graphics card is compatible since I was using it last night to play overwatch, fallout etc but now the monitor and the mouse and keyboard dont start and its just the fans... Do any of you know what I am supposed to do? the graphics card is not broken most likely but I have no idea how to navigate the BIOS
>>
Well, did you reset your bios? I admit I told people (maybe even you?) to take out the silver cmos battery. Apparently after I read up that wasn't the complete way to reset bios. Do it by resetting the jumper pin. Look on this page and scroll to (pic related) http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-Your-BIOS
>>
>>118428

I did already do that and it still did not work sadly
>>
>>118436

Look on your motherboard (look real closely). How many little light bulbs are glowing and where are they positioned/what are they called if you can read the labels of them.
>>
>>118441
There is one light bulb on the mobo its near the bottom and directly beside the jumper pin and sata ports its called "SB_PWR"
>>
>>118445

>SB_PWR

All right, was checking to see if your memory one was lit up (if you have one because mine does).
>>
>>118453

Also, have you read the actual manual for your motherboard? I'm going through it now, sometimes they have troubleshooting and common error things in there. Can't guarantee I'll find anything, but in this situation manuals should be read.
>>
>>118423
ZOTAC
>>
>>118423
I don't understand why people keep buying Zotac.

They just think the price is too good to pass up and then they fuck their entire computer.

Stop buying Zotac. Take that piece of shit out of your computer. They can fry motherboards and burn motherboards.
>>
>>118454

This is actually my second motherboard of this "type" the only difference was the size as this is a mini. The old motherboard had the same problem and i fixed it by moving the graphics card from pci-e to just a regular pci port sadly this motherboard only has pci-e
>>
>>118459
Ive been using zotacs since my gen 4 gpu and they have not given me any trouble up until now
>>
File: zotac.png (72 KB, 848x628) Image search: [Google]
zotac.png
72 KB, 848x628
>>118458
>>118459

I have to disagree with you guys. I have a 650ti that I bought at a discount returned to Microcenter for whatever reason. I've had it for about two years now still love it. I don't game but crazy enough even the newest games for me play acceptablly well.
>>
>>118459
Regardless I still bought it and it was quite expensive to just "give up" on, it was working last night for the first time and I dont think its broken
>>
I am reading the manual right now and I found nothing relating to this problem, I also spend a good amount of time reading forums and still nothing, it just "decides" to work..
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.