[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some hobbies that mix with both the digital world and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1453047551944.jpg (38 KB, 625x470) Image search: [Google]
1453047551944.jpg
38 KB, 625x470
What are some hobbies that mix with both the digital world and the real world?

I would consider a digital hobby that has "real world meetups" to be a weak mixing. Similarly a real world hobby that just has online discussions about it would also be a pretty weak mixing in my opinion.

Is there any hobby that could be considered a true mergence of cyberspace and meatspace?
>>
camwhoring
>>
Masturbating to hentai
>>
I have no interest in them, but in passing I've picked up on several games that would fit the category. Arguably geo-caching is a mix, but not very social. Then there are several mobile games that take your real world location into consideration (like - dividing the world into sectors and factions struggle for control via players being there and doing game stuff on their phones while in the zone). Can't recall any names though. Not sure that qualifies as a hobby though.
>>
>>118041
It's called social media.
>>
>>118049
Those are some decent ideas. Although not really "hobbies" necessarily.

I think I heard of a pokemon-like app for your phone that does the real world location thing for encountering wild pokemon

>>118046
>>118051
Those are still purely digital though. As far as I know no component exists to those activities when you're not at a computer.

>>118047
Group masturbation to hentai?
>>
>>118055
What you're looking for is called augmented reality. Google for augmented reality applications. For example, laser tag is a real-world example.
>>
Cosplay?
May lean too heavily to real world for you, but also includes watching cartoons or playing games and doing research online. But most of it is probably real world, so eh.
Omg it's probably a mix of real world hobby with online discussion and digital hobby with real life meetups. It manages to fail BOTH ways!
>>
>>118041
/tg/ shit. D&D around an IRL table, D&D vidya, D&D around a virtual table (roll20.net), not to mention card games and war games.
>>
Meteorology.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.