[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Homo Sapiens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Use the force Luke.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Use the force Luke.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Awhile back I remember reading or watching something about homo sapiens being as successful as we were vs other time-period hominids because we risked our lives to explore. I remember there being something about crossing oceans without knowing what would possibly be on the other side and how many people must have died in the attempt, but how important it was for our survival and thriving as a species because we tried anyway. I vaguely recall a comparison being drawn to space colonization and exploration.

I can't remember if it was a comic, a video, a speech, or an opinion based article, but I can't remember enough about it to make a google search that doesn't come up with something completely irrelevant to what I'm looking for.

I just was really pleased by it and it moved me. Hoping one of you guys knows it off hand.

Pic only arguably related.
>>
>>117637
Do self bumps work?
>>
>>117637
If anyone can even suggest alternative search terms or vaguely recalls even one detail about this that I do not it would be greatly appreciated. (Like, if I even knew the type of media it was that would help immensely)
>>
>>117637
I've seen that video. I think it was a video on Vsauce, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>117644
Oh my God, that might just be the case. Thank you so much, I'll be back shortly if I find it.
>>
>>117644
I'm looking back a couple years and I'm still not finding it. You don't think it was on an affiliated channel do you?
>>
>>117644
Yeah, unless it was one of his side tangents and therefore completely unrelated to the title of the video, I don't think it's VSauce. I also lightly checked veritasium and I'm not picking up much of use there either.
>>
>>117654
I thought it was Vsauce, but maybe it was one of those other education channels? MinuteEarth, AsapScience, Kurzgesagt.. not sure.
>>
>>117664
I think it was such a side tangent.
>>
>>117665
I checked minuteEarth, but I generally don't watch those other channels, so while it's still possible, I doubt it was one of them.

>>117668
I'll check around a bit more, but that's gonna be really slow going. You wouldn't happen to remember anything else about the video would you?
>>
Okay, found it: It was a side tangent in the Supertask video

https://youtu.be/ffUnNaQTfZE?t=1064
>>
>>117677
Wow. That was one of the ones that I outright dismissed as having it. Thank you so much!
>>
>>117677
17:45
Thank you so much, it's very relieving to find this clip again.
>>
File: 1426054157222.jpg (6 KB, 198x177) Image search: [Google]
1426054157222.jpg
6 KB, 198x177
>>117677
My brain hurts.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.