[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, I installed Windows 10 on my computer and booted it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1450823289235.png (181 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
1450823289235.png
181 KB, 600x590
Alright, I installed Windows 10 on my computer and booted it up, and there is no option to hook up to wifi. Like, I go to the network settings and it just isn't there, and neither is airplane mode. I just built this computer. What gives?
>>
Must be missing drivers.
>>
>>114989
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10
Is this the right download I need then?
>>
File: 1439557826750.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1439557826750.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>114993
I tried installing this and it didn't take.
Please help, someone.
>>
>>114985
Show us your device manager (right click the start button and click on device manager).
Also what motherboard are you using? so we can find the driver.
>>
File: Screenshot (3).png (69 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (3).png
69 KB, 1024x768
>>115011
Heres the thing. I'm using a Gigabyte H110M-A mobo.
Thank you god bless.
>>
>>115026
Seems like you are missing your chipset drivers so it is screwing with the PCI devices. Try isntalling these from here
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5589#dl
>>
>>115035
Both chipset driver things?
>>
>>115042
Yes.
>>
File: Screenshot (4).png (231 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (4).png
231 KB, 1920x1080
>>115043
I'm still not getting an option in the network settings for hooking up to wifi.
>>
File: Capture.png (14 KB, 400x473) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14 KB, 400x473
>>115056
Well it is at least showing up a wireless adaptor exists now just with no driver. I am guessing it is some wifi card since the motherboard isn't listed as having it built in. Do you know what card it is? Or can you show the hardware ID of the wireless adaptor (like pic related) if you don't know?
>>
>>115063
>the motherboard isn't listed as having it built in
haaaaaaaah...
I'm dumb. I never got one cus I just sort of assumed it would have one. I suppose that would be my problem. Sorry about that, and thank you for your help.
>>
>>115064
Well you might still want to install the driver for the unknown device as it lists it as some kind of wifi thing. Though for now you could just hook it up with an ethernet cable if you are close enough to the router.
>>
>>115068
Not close enough for ethernet at all, unfortunately. It's all the way on another floor.
The other device is a stick thing I snagged off of an older computer we have that was used to connect it to wifi. A netgeear n-300 usb adapter. I stuck it in just to see if it would do anything. I may try and hunt down the driver for that now tho, if that would make it work.
>>
>>115071
>he other device is a stick thing I snagged off of an older computer we have that was used to connect it to wifi.
Ah that explains it. Well for the driver
http://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNA3100
Hopefully that will give you something at least.
>>
>>115072
That did it! It's sorta slow, but it's something. I'll probably pick up a proper card soon. Thank you for explaining how computers work to me!
>>
>>115076
You are welcome anon.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.