[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
graphics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: frustration.png (10 KB, 309x246) Image search: [Google]
frustration.png
10 KB, 309x246
Need tech help with PC
(GPU is GTX670)

so almost every recent game I try to play results in a similar crash (especially shooters seem to suffer from it a lot)
game screen freezes (sometimes with blask flashes in between), last seconds of sound loop, sometimes sound loop (and screen) switches to next half second. Only way to get out is alt tab or ctrl alt del
pressing Ctrl alt del gives a fractured ctrl alt del screen for a sec, screen goes black, ctrl alt del screen now normal. Game always closed (usually with "game.exe stopped responding).

This happens across a wide range of games, with different engines.

Wonder, could my graphics card be broken/damaged?
Any chance getting a newer GPU could fix (3 year old GPU so upgrade might not be bad anyway, but if it fixes nothin whats the point)
>>
can you screenshot this error? They all steam? can you post a speccy? when is the last time you formatted?
>>
screenshot?well visually there isn't anything to show as it just stops.
not all steam.
haven't formatted
>>
>>114922

How are your temperatures when this happens? Did you try onboard video yet to test stability?
>>
>>114936
wouldn't expect it to be temps, as (using afterburner to monitor) there seems to be no set point in temps where it fcks up.

How do you test stability with onboard vid?
>>
>>114913
Check the event log (type event viewer in to the start menu) and see if it picked up anything.
Also try rolling back your graphics drivers if it is a recent problem.
>>
>>114941
nope, been happening for a while.

Read something about power supply related stuff. Could that cause crashes like that?
>>
>>114937
>How do you test stability with onboard vid?
Just take out the GPU (maybe dust it off while you are at it) and use the integrated graphics to run a game. That is if your motherboard and CPU has integrated graphics support that is.

>>114943
Can we get your full specs as well as your PSU model and wattage? Is a small chance it could be PSU related but is hard to really tell as are many other things that could cause the probelm.
>>
>>114947
to be honest I wouldn't know, but I'll look into it
>>
>>114950
Just download speccy. It should list your computers specs though it won't tell you what PSU you have.
>>
>>114951
What I can tell you is I have a core I7 3.40 GHz and 16 gigs of ram.

Man I just wanna play recent shooters without crashing all the time. I find that I'm just not hyped or enthusiastic to buy stuff or work on my backlog, as I know it's likely not to run long without crashing anyway.

The grim dark side of PC gaming I guess
>>
>>114951
I'm thinking of just doing the GPU upgrade (could use one anyway).

If that doesn't work i'll just go from there
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.