[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wsr/, I need advice on what animu to watch next. I'm pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Eureka_and_Renton.jpg (222 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Eureka_and_Renton.jpg
222 KB, 1280x1024
/wsr/,

I need advice on what animu to watch next. I'm pretty well caught up with the last few years of shows, since I started watching stuff as it was released in like 2014. I've gone back through most of the classics of the last almost 20 years, but I'm running out of stuff. I need suggestions on like 8/10 and above animus that are easy to miss.
>>
pic related, it's the last show i watched. absolute 10/10
>>
How much have you watched?
I haven't watched that much myself, but if your number isn't that high perhaps you've missed something I know about still.
>>
>>113684

I just hit 100 series on myanimelist. If you suggest something that I've already seen it's not that bad. I guess I'm mostly looking for sleeper hits or stuff you don't always see hyped all over the place.
>>
What type of anime you're most fond of? Comedies? Slice of life? Drama? Ecchi?
If you okay with random recommendation, I'd say Gurren Lagan.
>>
>>113686
If you only have watched 100 anime you probably have missed a lot of classics.

Some I liked:
Serial Experiments Lain
Dennou Coil
Kino's Journey
Kare Kano
Kimi ni Todoke
Magic Knight Rayearth
Please Save My Earth
Chihayafuru
Uchuu Senkan Yamato
>>
>>113691
Gurren Lagan is one of my favorites. I'm really into action/comedies and some of the superior slice of life like Lucky Star. The only drama I've ever liked is Toradora. Ecchi is super hit or miss for me.

>>113692
The only one I even know on this list is Serial Experiments Lain, and I've not seen it yet. Thanks, man, I'll be checking these out.
>>
>>113693
If you have to give lower priorty to some, I would say Please Save My Earth, as it has no proper ending, only made to advertise the manga (but what is is great, and it's only six episodes so not like watching it is a huge sacrifice), and, as much as it pains me to say it, as I am a huge fan and think this series is very underwatched, Magic Knight Rayearth.
If you don't like romance, you can drop Kimi ni Todoke and Kare Kano too, however, both have lots of great comedy too, and are some of the greatest the romance genre has to offer.
>>
>>113693
>I'm really into action/comedies
Kill la kill, Sakigake! Cromartie High School, Nichijou, Fate/Zero, Hen Zemi, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, Jojo... that's just from the top of my head.
>>
tactical:
Utawarerumono,
code geass,
Log Horizon,
Kingdom <-- (animation might give you eye cancer tho)

shonen:
Hunter X Hunter 2011,
D.Grey-man
da feel:
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0,
clannad,
Anohana
comedy:
Military!,
Sora no Otoshimono
div:
Gosick
eden of the east,
Black Lagoon,
Phantom Requiem for the Phantom,
trigun
parasyte/Kiseijuu
>>
>>113693
If you really like GL you might like Getter Robo and GaoGaiGar.
>>
>>113686
>I just hit 100 series on myanimelist
Can you post your list? Easier than trying to guess what you haven't seen yet.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.