[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In what order do I watch Haruhi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1462283216273.jpg (25 KB, 507x290) Image search: [Google]
1462283216273.jpg
25 KB, 507x290
In what order do I watch Haruhi?
>>
It doesn't really matter. I watched it as it was released (s1 => s2 => movie) and had fun.
>>
>>113531
Chronological order interlacing S2 with S1.
>>
File: harusmug.png (923 KB, 1003x754) Image search: [Google]
harusmug.png
923 KB, 1003x754
>>113542
This.
Don't fall for /a/ meme telling you to watch in broadcast order. It doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>113554
Nope. I first saw it in broadcast order. Saw it in chronological order only on my second watch (with S2). And I have to admit it is very interesting to see it in broadcast order. Plus the final makes more sense in broadcast order. You may get lost at some point but not that much. The episodes are built so you understand anyway.
>>
Broadcast order.
First season 1 in broadcast order, then season 2.
If you want to, you can wait for a while before you watch season 2 and watch everything in chronological order, that gives the experience most true to the original, but doesn't matter, season 2 can be watched pure, without season 1 mixed in.

Many will tell you to skip a certain arc of season 2, but don't, it's very important, and probably one of the greatest artistic masterpieces in anime of all time. It is an experience every anime fan should get.
And when they tell you to skip stuff, they tell you to only watch some of the episodes, but the episodes they tell you to watch aren't even the best ones. You should watch EVERY episode of Haruhi, don't listen to people telling you to skip stuff.
>>
>>113568
>a certain arc
>probably one of the greatest artistic masterpieces
That sure was ballsy, but you need to be an advanced KyoAni fag (lord knows i'm one) to apreciate it. "a masterpiece" is quite disputed.
Appart from that, I agree with this anon, I would recommend to watch it all too.
>>
File: eGpleWVxMTI-episode-16.jpg (56 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
eGpleWVxMTI-episode-16.jpg
56 KB, 640x480
>>113531

here's the chronological order (however recommend to watch the 1 ep before anything)

(S1) 2,3,5,10,13,14,4) - S2 (1) - S1 (7,6,8) - S2 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) -> S1 (1,12,11,9) + The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya + (-maybe-) The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan (spin-off) + Haruhi-chan (ONA)

i have watched it both ways and i recommend the regular non-chronological order S1+S2+Movie (despise some irregularities it was more enjoyable in my opinion since the chronological is a complete mess).
>>
Broadcast, it is the intended way.
>>
>>113593
>In 2006 the series aired in an jumbled order which was quite well received and in 2009 the season 2 aired with the episodes of the first season in the correct chronological order.
>>
>>113531
Broadcast cast order makes most sense for the first watch.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.