[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Problem with finals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1436076857825.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1436076857825.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
So, guys, there is aproblem, which I am not able to resolve by normal means (tried to search everywhere for answer, asked many persons, no result). So, one of my assignments is to make some stuff in opengl. The problem is, I cannot compile any code I write down. I'm usin' Code Blocks under Windows 10 (everything works fine on it, the first time any program craps out on somethin'). I checked all specs and setup with the version installed on computer of profesor, who teaches us about opengl. They are the very same and on his laptop everything works just fine (the same he uses on labs to show code and stuff). If here is anyone who could probably help me, I would be really greatful and I would add more details on what exactly is going on and what kind of errors show up. Please somebody help the man in need.
>>
Post compiler log.
Also, it's compilation issue or linkage issue?
>>
>>113448
Huh, not sure why I asked this since I'll know it the moment I see logs, but w/e, just post logs.
>>
>>113448
So far it looks like something is missing. In 10 minutes I'll be back home and post everything that is needed.
>>
I tried to copile the example code built in glut projects in CodeBlocks and got this message in error log
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.9.3/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.9.3: Permission denied
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.9.3/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lgcc_s
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.9.3/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lgcc
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.9.3/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lgcc_s
c:/program files (x86)/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.9.3/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lgcc
>>
>>113457
Is that all for error log? if not, post the entire thing.
The first line is most interesting. You sure you didn't fuck up your CodeBlocks configuration?
As for the rest, seems like linker can't find proper libraries, or you fucked up compilation parameters. Post them here as well.

But I'm 99% sure you fucked up your configuration, or proper PATH is missing (thus linkage errors). Check your directories settings in CodeBlocks to make sure.
>>
>>113457
Mingw doesn't like spaces in filenames.

Install it into \users\you\documents or \users\you\programdata .
>>
This message was everything that showed up after compile crashed.
So, should I delete everything that i intalled so far (with glut libraries) and try once again, this time with MinGW installed in place you highlighted?
I think I have linked properly. maybe I'll discribe where I have everything placed and linked.
>>
>>113464
You can also try to add your library directories to system PATH (with that "C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.9.3" directory as well), maybe this will work. But if not, you should do as >>113459 says.
>>
>>113464
You can just move it in Explorer. You probably don't need to reinstall.
>>
I know I can move it like this m8 Just want to be sure everything is nice and clean. Following the installation I will copy glut libraries to respective folders (where they should be to make it work).
>>
By the way, do you guys know what is this lgcc?
>>
>>113479
It's not anything.

The flag is "-l", and the compiler is "gcc", and it's not reading it as a flag because the argument before it has a space in it.
>>
Aaaaa, thank you, kind sire, there will be soon an update on how the works go.
>>
Well, I reinstalled MinGW in the folder you said, tried again to compile this shit, and yet again fail.
Maybe now I have bad linker settings?
C:\Users\lenovo\Documents\mingw64
I know shit about Opengl and how to work on it :/
>>
File: 1320272484500.jpg (80 KB, 520x853) Image search: [Google]
1320272484500.jpg
80 KB, 520x853
>>113511
>Maybe now I have bad linker settings?
Seemed like that for me from the very beginning.
What are the errors now?
>>
>>113518
The very same as earlier. Like CB can't start to work with MinGW.
>>
>>113520
Are all directories settings set up properly? Did you check it up eventually?
>>
>>113533
Maybe i should install the version with builtin compiler? I saw somewhere there is somethin like this.
>>
>>113538
Why not try Visual Studio?
>>
>>113540
Shitty internet :\ Which version would I need to work? I mean components of program.
>>
>>113547
Express should be enough for you.
>>
>>113550
How much it weighs?
>>
>>113552
No idea, google it yourself.
>>
>>113558
Sorry, stupid question
>>
We stay in touch
>>
So, I want to say thank you to whoever told me to install Visual studio. I found a way to work with opengl really easy on this program. Thank you, m8!
>>
It's aaaaaaalive!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.