[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Keyboard and mouse doesn't work after boot. Picture of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (577 KB, 2048x1529) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
577 KB, 2048x1529
My Keyboard and mouse doesn't work after boot. Picture of my setup.
>>
File: 2.jpg (352 KB, 2048x1529) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
352 KB, 2048x1529
>>11330
When I enter boot mode or when the computer hasen't booted up windows up yet, the keyboard and mouse works, their leds are on. But when the computer boots up to windows like the windows log in sound, the mouse led turns off and doesn't work at all, as well as the keyboard. But the led arrows on the keyboard remains on, but the caplocks led turn off. This is another pic of my bios
>>
Plug your Keyboard and Mouse into a USB 2.0 instead of a 3.0 port, 3.0 is Blue generally, where as 2.0 is usually Black
>>
>>11333
I tried that but doesn't work
>>
>>11331
Do you have another keyboard/mouse? Do they work?

Try completely removing drivers for both and reinstalling manually from the website.

Reinstall drivers for your USB hubs on the mobo as well.
>>
>>11334
What OS?
If Windows try booting into Safe Mode
>>
>>11335
This is a newly built pc and I installed windows 7 on it just yesterday, I can't install or uninstall any drivers, I haven't even installed anything on this new computer yet only os, thats all, mouse and keyboard doesn't function so I can't do anything
>>11336
ok I'll try that
>>
>>11335
The mouse and keyboard works on any other computer, when in windows I plug them in, it says drivers not sucessfuly install
>>
>>11338
Your Mainboard is a Z170 chipset?
If so you wil have to use a PS/2 Keyboard or Mouse to Install the drivers as all USB ports on the new Z170 chipsets are controlled through a USB 3.0 controller.
This causes an issue with Windows 7 as only Windows 8 and higher have native USB 3.0 support.

Another alternative would be to slipstream the USB 3.0 drivers into a Windows 7 isntallation, but that is the long way.
>>
Also mouse and keyboard works in bios menu
>>
>>11341
its an asus z97-a
Also I can't install drivers since my mouse/keyboard does not work
>>
>>11341
How would I do that alternative? Since I don't have a PS/2 mouse
>>
>>11340
>>11345
Do any other mouse/keyboard work?

I'm 90% sure this is a driver issue. Fancy mouse/keyboards tend to completely not function if their special snowflake drivers aren't there.
>>
>>11348
So I just reboosted again into windows and windows said sucessfully installed drivers and it works, only the keyboard works but not the razer mouse, but I tried another simple mouse and that one works
>>
>>11347
Not a straight forward process, if you want to check it out just google "windows 7 slipstream drivers"
>>11352
Probably the Chipset drivers initializing, sometimes the OS needs to restart twice for the drivers to become active on USB ports, espcially for USB 3.0 and Windows 7
>>
>>11354
So for the razer mouse would I have to install the chipset drivers for it to work?
>>
>>11356
No, but the firmware on the Razer mouse might need to be updated, there were some early Razer Deathadder series mice (2013+) that had an issue with working straight out of the box, sometimes it was firmware, Mainboard drives, or the need for the Razer Synapse software.

Sorry for the overcaptilization of some words, as I work with the brands, provide basic support and sell them daily its a habit.
>>
Also thanks guys for the help, couldn't do it without the help
>>
>>11356
Sorry, the Chipset drivers will need to be installed anyway, but they should not cause this issue mean.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.