[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this is a but if a stretch but I'd like to request
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: IMAG0273.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0273.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
I know this is a but if a stretch but I'd like to request an anon to help me clean up and refine a few sketches of golems I made. I'm not looking to take any credit and you're more than welcome to include a watermark if you so choose, I'll even link you to where I post the image.

Essentially I need someone to make my attempts at drawing sharper,clearer and over all just better. These drawings will be used to illustrate a few golems in a thread on /qst/ currently there are 4 golems. Pic related is the first.

Thanks in advance!
>>
what i never get about theses threads is why everyone who wants something hand-drawn cleaned-up always daws on graph paper or ruled paper... is it because everyone smart enough to draw on blank paper is also smart enough to properly digitize their own drawings? honest question - it just baffles my mind! blank paper isn't hard to come by and allows for more creative freedom anyway, yet it's always lines or checkers everywhere in threads like this...

a close second is the ever-present massive fucking shadow over half the drawing.

you people, i tell you what... sorry for hijacking your thread and i really don't want to be rude to you or anything. i get that you're not even asking for a strict clean-up and more for a redraw, but i'm genuinely curious what the thought process is.
>i'm drawing something i want to later digitize and use...
>let's add a grid of useless lines in the background!
>and let's fuck up the values and contrast by casting some nice shadows all-over!
>>
>>112966
I could see your point, but this was just something I sketched on train on my way to work. It's not even required for what I'm using it for, but I though the use of images would increase the quality of the thread.

To answer you question I'd imagine the prevalence of lined or graph paper is due simply because it's easier to get some level of symmetry in the drawing. I used the lines to try and get things similarly sized.
>>
>>112974
the least you could is take a decent picture from a frontal angle with good lighting and also crop out everything that is unnecessary.
>>
>>112985
Would you prefer the image specifically? With none of the added text? I placed that their just to clarify the details of my shit drawing. As far as lighting goes I'll do my best to get it clear and bright, I'm pretty shit as pictures to begin with
>>
File: IMAG0274.jpg (690 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0274.jpg
690 KB, 1520x2688
Is this a better image?
>>
File: m.png (796 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
m.png
796 KB, 1520x2688
>>113013
to something like this?
>>
>>113024
that took me a couple of mins but if you wanted a drawing from scratch i don't think that something you could get for free at least not with decent quality.
>>
>>113024
That looks much better and yes that's essentially what I was asking for. I understand I'm asking for free labor so I don't expect much, however if you wouldn't mind "blending" (I think that's the term) the lines a bit? You don't have to, what you've done is plenty, but if you could make him look like a more cohesive unit? Ex: the shoulder pauldrons look like growths from the shoulders, the fingers look attached.

Again you don't have to do that and I'm thankful for what you've presented me with.
>>
File: 1462218882690e.png (119 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
1462218882690e.png
119 KB, 1520x2688
>>112974
>easier to get some level of symmetry
that could be it, thank you for the answer

cleaned up >>113024 a bit if anyone wants to continue working on it or maybe do some shading
>>
File: 24782159.jpg (54 KB, 500x423) Image search: [Google]
24782159.jpg
54 KB, 500x423
>>112966
Amen

>Mods pls sticky along with kill la kill for best anime.
>>
>>113039
I can't open the image, do you mind re-up loading it?
>>
File: 1462218882690e2.png (183 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
1462218882690e2.png
183 KB, 1520x2688
>>113045
works on my end. do you have issues with PNGs with transparency? here's a non-transparent version
>>
>>113051
I guess I do, I'm viewing this on mobile via the clover app, so that might have something to do with it. By the way this looks great, thank you. I really appreciate you guys helping me.

As a question to any artist viewing this thread , what would you charge for a more detailed redraw of 3 images similar to this?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.