[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is MyAnimeList the best site of its kind?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: myanimelist.gif (2 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
myanimelist.gif
2 KB, 300x300
Is MyAnimeList the best site of its kind?
>>
The only other site like it that I know of is Hummingbird, but I don't use it so I can't claim to its efficacy in managing anime lists.

It'd be hard to top MAL's anime tracking system though, best you could hope for is to equal it. There's lots of other categories to compete in though. MAL's database of shows is pretty comprehensive, but its details and info about them is not. Most of the summaries are just a few sentences copy-pasted from ANN or IMDB, if that. The staff lists are also lacking for pretty much every single show. They pay a lot of attention to seiyuu but not to directors or key animators, who often go unlisted. They also have pretty arbitrary genre tags and nowhere do they provide definitions for them, similarly they also assign MPAA-style ratings to anime without explaining their context or meaning.

Score wise MAL is pretty worthless. They don't properly weight scores and the site is given over to trendy fad-chasers, similar to IMDB but with a smaller, far more impressionable userbase resulting in even more skewed results.

And lastly MAL's "community" is god awful wherever it isn't practically non-existent. You might as well try to find anime discussion in youtube comments.
>>
Taiga
>>
>>136847
All this anon says is true, MAL as a comunity is shit, but if you use MAL just to check your animes and such, then MAL is a good place.

>>136924
Some friends told me to use taiga, but I think that's more like an app where you click on view an episode and then it just updates MAL, right? At least my friends told me so. Might as well start to use that.
>>
>>136982

Yeah, Taiga just links to your MAL or Hummingbird account. It's a nicer way to view your list and update it though. Better than just going to your MAL page, anyway. And you can sort it by season, which is a plus.
>>
MAL is the best and easiest for simply keeping track of your own anime and looking up basic information.

AniDB has more detailed stats and tags, which allows equally detailed searches if you're looking for something specific or want to find information that isn't listed on MAL.

And if you just want a seasonal overview, Anichart is the place to go.
>>
>>136924
Taiga is used in tandem with either a MAL or Hummingbird account, pretty useless on its own. I use Taiga now though, it's hard to go back once you start using it because of the convenience.
>>
>>136982
Taiga will actually automatically update your list for you by detecting you're watching on your media player. It's not 100% accurate with it, but for most cases it will be able to detect if you're watching, say, a new episode of Sakamoto Desu Ga and then automatically update your list and sync it with your MAL/Hummingbird when you close the player.
>>
>>136840
good because it's the best place to keep track of what you need to watch. shit because of the legend of the galatic heroes being the best anime ever meme
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.