[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im building a computer for the first time and I need to attach
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 1459860974578.jpg (128 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1459860974578.jpg
128 KB, 500x669
Im building a computer for the first time and I need to attach my SSD to my motherboard. How do? The motherboard is a Gigabyte H110M-A. Help me compute.
>>
What kind of SSD do you have?

If it's a SATA, use a SATA connector to connect it.
>>
>>111990
It does say SATA on it, yes. Is this connector something that Im gonna have to go find separately? Is it something I could go pick up at walmart by chance?
>>
>>111991
Your motherboard may have come with some, or the SSD may have come with one. It's usually red with an L shaped connector
>>
File: 20160501_011828.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160501_011828.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>111992
I found a cord that fits onto one of the little gold tabs, but there's still a bigger one loose in the wild. I took a blurry picture to better illustrate.
>>
There are two cables you need to get you SSD working, left one is the SATA power cabe (it will be connected to your PSU) and the left one is the SATA Data connector that you plug into your Motherboard.
>>
>>111994
oops, the one on the right is the SATA Data connector*
>>
>>111994
I believe Ive found the larger cable. What should the other end look like? A 2x3 of little pegs?
>>
>>111996
Could be, depends on your PSU, if you're using a modular one, that would probably look like it, else it would directly go into your PSU
>>
>>111998
Yes, that cord looks right.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.