[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to get this to work on my asus laptop but it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: sku_295770_1.jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
sku_295770_1.jpg
23 KB, 600x600
I'm trying to get this to work on my asus laptop but it's not picking up any sound. I know it works because I borrowed it from a friend who uses it often.
>>
Self bump sorry. Is it because my laptop is running realtek hd audio? It only asks if the device is a headset, headphones, or a speaker.
>>
>>111803
Is it a jack or USB, does it show up in device manager and which asus laptop is it?
>>
>>111820
An asus x551c. Its a jack. I can't find it in device manager.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (100 KB, 872x874) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
100 KB, 872x874
Is this selected in the realtek hd audio manager?
>>
File: realtek.png (208 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
realtek.png
208 KB, 1366x768
>>111826
Mine looks nothing like that
>>
>>111832
Well... shit

Go to the "microphone" tab, does it have the same "analog" button on the right? is it checked?
>>
>>111834
Ya but the analog button doesn't recognize the mic for some reason and just asks me if its a headphone, speaker out, or headset. It does this when it's first plugged in also.
>>
>>111837
Mmm'kay, does the mic tab have a "Device advanced settings" above the analog button?
>>
>>111843
Nothing. Just an extra option to enable or disable the auto popup dialog box
>>
File: PCkoa.png (217 KB, 1358x1118) Image search: [Google]
PCkoa.png
217 KB, 1358x1118
>>111846
I'm nearing officially stumped status.

I did find this:

https://superuser.com/questions/941584/how-to-make-windows-8-1-recognise-use-the-inline-mic-of-headphones-connected-to

Disregard the 8.1 stuff. It seems to be the same probleam as yours, but the dude has the "Device advanced settings" which allows you to separate all jacks. as in pic related
>>
>>111854
wtf? Is there an update I'm missing? I tried to update but it says its up to date.
>>
The link was pretty helpful but it seems like the guy with the same realtek as me was also fucked in finding a solution. Is there no way to switch my realtek?
>>
>>111883
Do you have any external speakers hooked up?
>>
>>111894
Nothing at all. Everything like the mic and speakers are the internal ones.
>>
> just asks me if its a headphone, speaker out, or headset.
that means you've got it stuck into the wrong hole.
>>
>>111915
Only hole on my asus dawg
>>
>>111917
then you don't have a mic in.
>>
>>111919
Shit. The simple answers are the most depressing.
>>
File: 1462034187183.jpg (69 KB, 763x400) Image search: [Google]
1462034187183.jpg
69 KB, 763x400
looks like asus uses a trrs jack (headphone and mic are on one plug, the type used on the iphone). you need to get an adapter to split off the 2.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.