[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could someone reccomend me some underground anime to watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1455272523320.png (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1455272523320.png
14 KB, 400x400
This is what I've seen so far and what I thought of them.

>Cowboy Bebop
8/10, good, deserves its status
>NGE + EoE
The original series on its own is 8/10, combined with EoE, it's 10/10
>Black Lagoon
8/10, just great action and entertainment
>Sword Art Online
1/10, no comment
>FLCL
10/10, one of the greatest pieces of animation ever made
>Ergo Proxy
7/10, good setting and characters, story was weak though and it was overly pretentious
>Baccano
8/10, good, especially loved the train chapter
>Madoka Magicka
5/10, highly overrated imo
>Ghost in the Shell, Stand Alone Complex
9/10, just great worldbuilding and thematic exploration along with good characters
>Gantz
2/10, dropped it after 15 episodes, I liked the girl's fat tits though
>Monster
6/10, too long, could've been cut down by 20 episodes
>Death Note
6/10, eh, it was alright.
>Gunbuster
8/10, I enjoyed it, not much else to add
>Kill la Kill
5/10, Takes a nosedive about 12 episodes in and never gets good again
>FMAB
7/10,Decent shounen, but overrated by normies
>Serial Experiments Lain
7/10, It certainly had depth, but I felt like it had too much weird shit in place of story and character
>Samurai Champloo
6/10, very boring for the most part, the last 3 episodes were great though
>>
Tecxhnolyze or however the fuck it's spelled, based off your feelings on NGE, Serial Experiment, Ergo Proxy. I also recommend Darker Than Black, just never watch the sequel series. I really enjoyed the Berserk movie trilogy and it's good introduction to the series, of course the anime is great as well.
>>
>>111533

Oh and you've watched all the prominent Gainax animes, but you didn't list TTGL?
>>
>>111543
I've watched TTGL.

I only watched the first arc and enjoyed it, but I didn't list it since I never felt the need to finish the show.
>>
File: 1461522799215.png (306 KB, 500x522) Image search: [Google]
1461522799215.png
306 KB, 500x522
Check out something from the Gundam series. It's a little thick, but only a select few series require any experience with previous installments to fully understand what the hell everybody's going on about. I'll give you my favorites so far, [spoiler]As I'm also new to Gundam.[/spoiler]
>0079
The first one. Definitely a bit quirky now due to being so old, but if you can get used to it, you're in for a great package of wartime mecha fun made all the more enjoyable by its colorful cast of characters.
>8th MS team
Gundam: Vietnam edition. Takes place during 0079, and is interesting in that it focuses on regular frontline soldiers instead of ace pilots. 8th MS team is considered by many to be the most realistic series in the franchise and has some of the most intense fights ever showcased in the mecha genre, but the forbidden romance subplot is pretty half baked, and the last episode is gunna be really weird if you haven't seen 0079 all the way through, so do with it as you will.
>Turn A Gundam
FUTURE: Gundam edition. Taking place 3000 years after the events of, well, just about any Gundam series up to then, Turn A tells the story of a war between the rather primitive Earth and the technologically superior Moon, with the Earth only being able to fight by the virtue of digging up Mobile Suits from the past. Turn A marks the 20th anniversary of Gundam and it's great because if you watch any of the other Gundam series coming before it, you can eek out just a little bit more enjoyment seeing references and callbacks that would otherwise fly over your head. Turn A also features the weirdest and most unique mechs in the franchise, so if you like that sort of thing, this is for you.
>Thunderbolt
Gundam with an acquired taste for FREE FORM JAZZ. It's only 4 episode long, and I'm only 2 eps in, but it's breddy gud so far.

Also check out Big O, it's another Mecha anime by Sunrise, but it's totally different and cool and stuff.
>>
I recommend Kaiji (mindgame, gambling), I bingewatched it.
>>
>>111543
TTGL is Gainax-2, which is now called Trigger.
>>
Mawaru Penguindrum
Aku no Hana (ignore the mangafags)
Alien 9
>>
>>111618
Even with some of the save staff, there's no way Trigger could pull off a show like TTGL. They tried and drastically failed with KLK.
>>
File: Obscure.jpg (2 MB, 2300x3800) Image search: [Google]
Obscure.jpg
2 MB, 2300x3800
>>111525
Tatami Galaxy and Kaiba are both great, theyre essentially to be underground cult classics
>>
File: 1448793733317.jpg (940 KB, 1019x4715) Image search: [Google]
1448793733317.jpg
940 KB, 1019x4715
>>111525
Also this list aint perfect but you can always just dip in at the lower half somewhere, be the hipster youve always wanted to be
>>
File: 234.jpg (58 KB, 1008x720) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
58 KB, 1008x720
>>111718
>he doesn't know about the depth beyond
>he doesn't know about the Inferno Cop level
>>
>>111525
If that's all you've seen I'd be concerned with watching more classics instead of underground stuff.
>>
>>111525
Based on your taste I'd say:
Diebuster aka Gunbuster 2
Akira
Ghost in the Shell (1995)
Berserk
Also dis >>111969
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.