[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for some ambient music for table top gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
I'm going to be having a tabletop game that will be taking place on a tropical island. The players will be going through:
A beach,
A marsh/delta
Follow a river inland
Go up a gentle hill/mountain
Explore an "abandoned tower"

Mostly, I'd like music that evokes exploration, but some stuff that is a bit sneaky-ish, it needs to be music that is definitely not good enough to listen to by itself, and has to exist solely as ambience. I want it to add to the experience, not distract.

Almost everything should feel kinda nature-y, except for the tower, which might have a more magic feel?

I feel like I'm asking for a lot, but if anyone can find really long tracks too without distracting shifts from one track to another, that'd be nice.

Thanks.
>>
>>135351

Look up some albums by Robert Rich, like Nest, Rainforest, Strata, and Somnium. Most of his stuff is pretty nature-y while also being ambient. Check the songs beforehand though, some of the things on each album might not exactly fit what you want.

There might also be some tracks on the Heroes of Might and Magic 3 soundtrack. Ryan Davies' "Dark Lord - Music from The One Ring" might also fit what you're looking for? Those are probably too short for what you're looking for though.

Definitely check Robert Rich out, he's made over 30+ albums of just ambient tracks, if you want more after the ones I listed.
>>
Skyrim soundtrack
>>
Assassins Creed Black Flag soundtrack
>>
>>135375
I am liking this, almost exactly what I want thanks!
>>135399
>>135406
These are also pretty good
>>
youtube, "brian eno ambient"

the guy invented the genre. see if you can find the story about when he had a broken leg and his friend put on a record of harp music but left the volume almost all the way down..
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.