[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What worthwhile anime have come out in the last 5 years or so?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: kyubey.jpg (94 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
kyubey.jpg
94 KB, 2560x1600
What worthwhile anime have come out in the last 5 years or so? I don't particularly care for comedy, moe, or psychological. I do like romance, mecha, action, magic, etc. Here are some recentish anime I've enjoyed:

Bakemonogatari
Madoka
Kyoukai no Kanata (loved the art/animation, hated the story/characters)
Ano Hana
Mirai Nikki
Wolf Children

Thanks!
>>
Katanagatari
>>
>>10657
>(loved the art/animation, hated the story/characters)

If you could settle for another show with similar strengths/weaknesses I would recommend Guilty Crown. It's a beautiful anime to look at but the story leaves a lot to be desired later on.
>>
Attack on Titan (the 5 episodes that aren't filler, that is)
>>
Boku no pico is pretty good. I've had it recommended quite a many times.
>>
>>10657

M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane is a mecha that didn't get much love. It's pretty slow to build up, but I enjoyed the atmosphere and action. Worth a look.
>>
>>10657
Kyousougiga
Eccentric Family
Shin Sekai Yori
Space Dandy (it's secretly an anthology series)
Animator Expo
Humanity has Declined (comedy, but it's pretty deadpan surreal)
Ping Pong
Shirobako
One Punch Man
Hataraku Maou-sama
Sound Euphorium
Kekkai Sensen
Noragami (basic, but solid shounen)
Haikyuu!!
Mushishi
Shingeki no Bahamut
Kill la Kill
Muromi-san
Yozakura Quartet
Kids on the Slope
Polar Bear Cafe
Tsuritama
Space Bros
Hourou Musuko
Nichijou
Un-Go
Kuragehime
Soredemo machi wa mawatteiru
>>
>>10673
Accidentally spoiled myself on Katanagatari when someone on /a/ posted a spoiler while it was airing. Still worth the watch?

>>10677
Just watched a trailer-- the animation does look neat. I'll be sure to check this out, thanks!

>>10696
Watched like 10 episodes of Attack on Titan. I liked how well animated the fight scenes were, but ultimately, I wasn't super into it. I'm not a big shounen person overall.

>>10702
I've seen Boku no Pico more times than I can count brah.

>>10703
This show looks crazy, will definitely check it out. Thanks!

>>10726
Thanks for the list, I haven't seen most of these yet so it'll be a fun list to check out.

Thanks for the responses so far, everyone.
>>
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
>>
>>10770
>still worth the watch?
Absolutely.
>>
Eureka 7 might be up your alley.
I haven't watched it myself, but its well loved.
>>
>>10657
Hyouka.
>>
Tatami Galaxy.
Welcome to the NHK
>>
>>10702
OP said five years. That's almost 10 years old.
>>
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - It was much better than the fate route bot in terms of story and looks.
Ghost in the Shell: Arise Alternative Architecture - If you haven't been watching the Arise movies than this series is the way to go. It is mostly a rehash, as the name suggests, but there is some new content. It's great but the changes to the art style bothered some.
Appleseed Alpha - new appleseed movie. I haven't watched it, but if it's anything like the others it'd be great. Entirely CG.
Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito. A really slow and oddly enough worse looking Geass movie series set during the Japanese conquest. Yay more Geass.
Monogatari - lots of monogatari in the last 5 years. I dropped it when they pulled some bullshit where the MC didn't appear for 4 episodes followed by a shitty arc.
Mushishi Zoku Shou. Continuation of Mushi shi. I still haven't seen it because from what I heard of the manga, s1 got all the good arcs and only mediocrity is left.
Initial D Final Stage. The initial D manga got really shit. This is the point where the anime reaches the worst part of initial D.
Durarara got a second season. I haven't gotten around to it.
Psycho-Pass - the urobutchers magnum opus. It's actually his worst series yet. But it might be worth a go if you have never seen Minority report or ghost in the shell.
Break Blade (TV). Far worse quality than the movies, watch them instead. It has some of the best art in anime and some of the worst animation. They get away with it in the movies.

This is taking too long so I'm just going to skip to the stuff on my mal rated >= 7
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Saraiya Goyou
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Inu x Boku SS
Rozen Maiden (2013)
K
Kyoukai no Kanata
>>
>>11112
Seconding Fate animu. Miles better than the old adaptation, and it's not boring since it covers one of the interesting routes of the VN.
>>
>>10785
Rec'd multiple times so far, will check it out.

>>10786
Noted. Was interested in the concept, especially since it's from the same dude as Bakemonogatari. Just wasn't sure if a spoiler would ruin it.

>>10809
I've actually watched E7 quite a few times and loved it. Check it out!

>>10817
This looks really interesting, thanks for the rec!

>>10870
I've seen NHK/loved it. I've heard of Tatami Galaxy but I've been put off by how strange it looks.

>>11133
>>11112
I'm actually in the process of watching the UBW anime at the moment. I tried watching the original FSN anime and hated its mediocrity. Still holding tight for the Heavens Feel movie though-- easily the best route in the VN.
>>
>>11112
>Monogatari - lots of monogatari in the last 5 years. I dropped it when they pulled some bullshit where the MC didn't appear for 4 episodes followed by a shitty arc.
Monogatari SS is easily best Monogatari though, and this is coming from someone who loves Araragi.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.